Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Wild Turkey American Honey

It appears WT has repackaged/reformulated their WT Liquer into a product called Wild Turkey American Honey. The bottle is completely different and the emphesis on the label is "American Honey" with Wild Turkey in smaller print. Still located on the bourbon aisle locally.

Randy

Enthusiast
    I think they bumped the proof up also. I saw this at a recent tasting, but there were so many other tasty treats I didn't get to try it...
    Mike

"You're the best bourbon drinkers ever!" - Margo (waitress at Bourbon's Bistro in Louisville)

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    Yeah...The proof was either 74 or 76 in this bottling vs the older version at 60 proof.

Advanced Taster

Re: Wild Turkey American Honey

I am a huge WT fan. I like and regularly purchase all of their diferent products. So when I saw this, I said well I have to try it, its Wild Turkey, it must be good

I got home and poured some in a glass and then poured a glass of Rare Breed. I first took a sip of the American Honey, and well,,,,, it sat there the rest of the night while I filled the RB a couple of times, I couldnt make myself take another drink of the Honey shit...

I poured out the remander when I went to sleep.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

I haven't had the American Honey but isn't it a liqueur, essentially, or that type of drink?

Gary

Connoisseur

I believe it is a liqueur, from what I've read it's simply bourbon, honey, and probably water. It's also way too sweet, probably the only pour I didn't finish at Whisky Fest, this of course was not a surprise.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

Yes, they discontinued the old WT liqueur and replaced it with the new. I really enjoyed the older version in a cup of hot tea. The old version had been around for a long time.
    Dave G.

Connoisseur

My wife is a BIG fan of the previous version. At the past Gala the new version was out for tasting. Jimmy was there and my wife asked him about the change. His comment was that it was made with more honey.
    Dale

"All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

Disciple

I haven't had the new version yet, but the old 60 proof version mixes well with diet sprite. It cuts down on the sweetness vs. regular sprite. A very tasty mixed drink!

Thomas

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Castle Brands makes a liqueur called Celtic Crossing that uses Irish whiskey. Drambuie is a liqueur made from scotch whiskey. I haven't had this new iteration of the Wild Turkey liqueur but it's probably just the old Wild Turkey Liqueur repackaged. It always has contained honey.

"Liqueur" isn't really a word you want in a brand name. "Wild Turkey American Honey" is a much better name.