Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: Bourbon and cola?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like

120 46.69%
  • I don't like

85 33.07%
  • So so

52 20.23%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Bourbon and cola

I'm okay with anything/everything posted here because, ya know, each of us ought to drink our whiskey like we enjoy it. That IS the purpose.

Enthusiast

Recently we were out of Coke in the house and my wife wanted a mix of bourbon with something else, so I found some Dr. Pepper. She really liked it and so I tried it.

I must say, Dr. Pepper and OGD ain't too shabby!
    ____
    Chris

Novice

Often drink this when out on the town. I normally find it too sweet though (especially with 'post-mix' coke) so i drink it in a rocks glass full of ice with bourbon and then half coke half soda water to fill the glass. Gives more bourbon taste, less sweetness and less calories. Thats sounds like a good reason to me for you all to try one.

Cheers Jack

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

That sounds perfect and a variation on a Presbyterian, which is rye whiskey, ginger ale, soda water.

Gary

Disciple

I like my bourbon OTR with a splash of water...I like my JD or GJ with Diet!

Advanced Taster

While I'm mainly into neat, and an Old Fashioned or Manhattan done the right way, I still like a good B&C when on a gig. Especially MM and Coca-Cola...dangerously refreshing on a hot day playing outdoors. My fave bandstand cocktail...and no matter what the bar, they can't mess it up.

TP
    --
    in aqua vitae veritas
    Todd in Cheesecurdistan
    www.blueolives.com
    www.chicagopitbulls.org

Todd, I think MM and coke is just fine. However, ( ) if you want a little more flavor with a bit more bite, give KC and coke a try. For something in between the two, try JB black and coke. Just my two cents. Enjoy. It's all good! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Yup, I've had KC and Coke on a few occasions...drank part of my first-ever bottle of KC in Coke actually. JBB and Coke ain't bad either. There's something about a wheater in cola...makes a rather dark and rich spin on the well-worn old highball. But you're right...it's all good! Even JBW and Coke is pretty darn good...had more than my share of that at bars...heck that's all one of my favorite burger haunts has for bourbon! They do have Jameson though...neat pour of that makes for a good dessert.
    --
    in aqua vitae veritas
    Todd in Cheesecurdistan
    www.blueolives.com
    www.chicagopitbulls.org

Virtuoso

Sometimes i can't get enough! Years ago, I started my bourbon drinking at Delilah's in Chicago when they had $2 MM and coke. After 10 or so, they became too sweet...now I've switched to diet and I don't have that problem. Also had Knob and coke because that was the Thursday special at Delilah's (they have a bourbon special every night) and MM and coke every other night I was there. At home, I wasn't willing to "splurge" on a $20 bottle of MM so I started drinking EW and coke and that's still the standby cocktail at home or some parties. In the last several months, I've been drinking most everything straight and now I'm willing to "splurge" on a $65 bottle of BTAC. Thank you Bourbon for a wonderful trip that I hope will last many more years to come.

P.S. - I think I should go to Delilah's this evening.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Advanced Taster

Any excuse to hit Delilah's is a good one. I need to get to Chicago more often. Did you make it down there?
    --
    in aqua vitae veritas
    Todd in Cheesecurdistan
    www.blueolives.com
    www.chicagopitbulls.org