Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: Bourbon and cola?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like

120 46.69%
  • I don't like

85 33.07%
  • So so

52 20.23%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Bourbon and cola

I was explaining to some people this week that, in the South, when people make a Jack and Coke it's usually about 4 parts Jack to 1 part Coke. Try it that way and you'll see it's a completely different drink. I call it the Redneck Manhattan.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I was explaining to some people this week that, in the South, when people make a Jack and Coke it's usually about 4 parts Jack to 1 part Coke. Try it that way and you'll see it's a completely different drink. I call it the Redneck Manhattan.
    That's a pretty stiff mixture. I usualy prefer a 40\60 to 50\50 mix. About what you would get if you asked for a double JD and Coke "short one" and tiped the bartender well.

I might have to try the "redneck Manhattan". I have a bottle of JD single barrel here at home.

Disciple

I used to mix bourbon and coke until the doc told me that the kidney stones I was getting was due to drinking too much dark pop. 8 stones in 12 years is enough of a deterrent for me. Now it is strictly a mix of ginger ale and bourbon!

Thomas

Connoisseur

I like it - occaisionally. A slice of lime is nice too. But I can't drink too much soda of any kind.
    Craig

Disciple

Some how I missed your post. I tend to go for something around beer strength when mixing a bourbon and coke. I will definately try a Redneck Manhattan one of these days.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Connoisseur

Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Connoisseur

Occasionally, I will have one at a bar. It's not a bad little drink, but they are by no means my favorite. I haven't poured one at home, in I can't remember how long.
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Enthusiast

What I thought would be fine, actually. I mixed JD with cook and it was a %50-50 mix. I'll try the "redneck manhattan". It sounds promising

Connoisseur

Smile Re: Bourbon and cola

Quote Originally Posted by mrt View Post
    What I thought would be fine, actually. I mixed JD with cook and it was a %50-50 mix. I'll try the "redneck manhattan". It sounds promising
    I don't know if I would mix it with a "cook"...lol....if you have too many, you may end up being a cook!

Taster

I tend to mix my Redneck Manhattan's about 60/40 on the bourbon to coke ratio. If it has been a hard day I'll go 80/20...
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." -Mark Twain