Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: hirsch 20

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos View Post
    I found a Hirsch 20 and then a few minutes later I went to another liquor store very close to the one I found the Hirsch 20 and found another!
    That is a hell of a find, times 2!

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Bourbon Find of 2006

This year has been pretty lean for me, so I've been limited to what I can find locally and have not been importing bottles.. In fact, I don't think i've purchased more than 4 or 5 bottles all year.
    I do enjoy the new (release to Australia this year) Hennry McKenna Bourbon

Advanced Taster

I will submit my 'true' find...As I haven't purchased it yet, I have only found it

TK.(Troy)

Enthusiast

A month or so ago I went in a little shop in South Jersey and found three tax-stamped items - an Old Fitzgerald BIB, a Wild Turkey 101 Straight Rye (with a brown label and the surprising information that the product was distilled in Maryland - what could this be?) and a souvenier jug of Michters! So far I've only cracked open the Michter's, and this is very tasty, plummy stuff - I'm glad to have had a chance to check out this ghost!

Connoisseur

In terms of rarity my find would have to be the WTRB101 I found a few months ago. I know itís not that rare but Iíve definitely missed this one and itís the only one Iíve found in probably over a year. Iíve tried a lot of different bourbons this year, many more than previous years, and the one that stands out the most to me is VWSR12. Thatís my find in terms of finding something I hadnít tried before that Iíve come to really enjoy.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

Definitely, the best find of those I have had time to sample is the Lottasīs Home 13yo rye. Itīs sort of in the same vein as Twisted Spoke, i.e. made for a German pub/restaurant.

In reality, this is VWFRR with another label but the bottling in question, stems from the 90īs so it is closer to its original age compared to the current VWFRR.

Very tasty, indeed!
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Connoisseur

AAA 10 year old...a thoroughbred bourbon at a burger flipper's wage.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Enthusiast

I wandered into a bar in Islington London and saw Lot B, Pappy 20 + 23 and VWFRR 13 all on the same shelf.

Dave my good buddy ended the night saying "I think I'm a Van Winkle person!" It cost me a small fortune but the intro had to be made!

I think a friendship for life was forged between Dave and Pappy that night.
    Philip

I guess good whiskey really does tickle my pickle!

Happened across 7 bottles of pre-issue Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit in an area store this weekend -- at it's original price, and I talked the counterman into a discount for taking all seven.
    These were from Barrel #4, bottled 9-20-94. Kentucky Spirit was first issued in 1995, so these were from the first bottlings. All are in original boxes and carry original neck tags.
    I've found a thing or two else this year, I suppose, but this one's fresh in my mind.
    Tim

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    Happened across 7 bottles of pre-issue Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit in an area store this weekend -- at it's original price, and I talked the counterman into a discount for taking all seven.
    These were from Barrel #4, bottled 9-20-94. Kentucky Spirit was first issued in 1995, so these were from the first bottlings. All are in original boxes and carry original neck tags.
    I've found a thing or two else this year, I suppose, but this one's fresh in my mind.
    Tim that stuff is Fantastic!!
    I have a bottle Barrel #2, bottled 9-22-94, of which I save for times when I'm looking for something really nice to drink...goes great with Cohiba Esplendido or Montecristo No.2
    I love it...and I hope the newer bottlings are as good.

TK.(Troy)