Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Jim Beam Bonded...Advice Please.

Quote Originally Posted by BarItemsPlus1 View Post
    I am reading in a lot of threads about the fact that BIB whiskey will have a distillation and/or bottling date...

I can't find this on my Jim Beam Bonded...Help?!

Maybe it's due to the export factor??
    That's only true of old bottlings. That particular requirement was dropped about 20-years ago.

Advanced Taster

Well I just couldn't wait to share some pics...I have only just taken them.

I am currently doing a side by side with the two bourbons(in the little glasses in the pics.) and without being too prejudice...but the finished rebarrelled bourbon is just bloody fantastic!! WOW...!!!
    The rebarrelled Jim Beam Bonded is the glass on the left and the Small Batch Jim Beam(of which is only available here in Oz) is on the right.

There are some more pics here if you want to check them out.

Just some quick tasting notes, mainly as I'm not too adapt at writing notes...

Rebarrelled Jim Beam...The signatory 'Fuel' nose I always talk about re: Jim Beam, has gone...the nose has a nice sweetness to it, dark fruits...on tasting the first time, there was an automatic tingle on the tounge but Not a burning sensation, I can't describe it too well but for -
    "Oh my God!! " lol
    I'm finding writing a little difficult...it's still 30C odd and 10:45pm, I should be able to get a great sleep tonight?? literally!!
    Anyway to finish...the finish on the whiskey is actually quite dry and nothing like I have had before.
    Well that will do for now...I need WATER!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TK.(Troy)

Nice work Troy!
    Like I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the bonded Beam, but I absolutely hated the Jim Beam small batch, though I would be keen to add yours. From memory you used a barrel that had previously been used for port? You didn't actually add port to it did you?

Kudos for keeping it the barrel for so long, I would have comsumed it ages ago!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    Nice work Troy!
    Like I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the bonded Beam, but I absolutely hated the Jim Beam small batch, though I would be keen to add yours. From memory you used a barrel that had previously been used for port? You didn't actually add port to it did you?

Kudos for keeping it the barrel for so long, I would have comsumed it ages ago!

Scott
    Cheers mate!!

The JBSB is slowly working on me... Yes Scott I did have port in the barrel previous...I have not added any port to the JBB.
    I have bottled a full 1L of the rebarrelled JBB so hopefully one day soon you can get a chance to taste it with me... and anyone whom was about at the same time also...

TK.(Troy)