Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Threaded View

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Last night when I spoke to Mr Al Landis the great Nephew of Jacob Kinsey while giving my Talk about the Distillery He told me about when the Place reopened in fall of 1933. Mr Kinsey came to their home and said to him I want you to work for me at my Distillery, He had never done anything like it and did not know then that he would roll the first Whiskey barrel to be dumped there after Prohibition to the trough and dump it to be bottled! Finding these things out for History is exciting to me and He said those were exciting days there, they started by distilling and filling all the Warehouses 20,000 barrels each there at the time when filled then building some More warehouses. Mr Kinsey was then 75 so to those on the web that Think he was not active I can say He was working there till late 1939 / 1940 when it went the Sheriffs sale. And Mr Kinsey Lived to be 94 years old and the Plant when Publicker Closed had been there operating for 94 Years! He died in 1952 and that is why in the Ads they called him America's oldest Living Distiller.
    Dave Z
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 04-15-2008 at 09:55.