Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    The only Luxco whiskeys are:

Ezra Brooks

Rebel Reserve

Rebel Yell

D. Nicholson 1843

Davies County

Bourbon Supreme

Wall Street

Yellowstone
    It says Medley on it Maybe a HH Product then but nothing like it was when we made it HH also Makes Philadelphia Blended now so the more I think of it HH makes it!
    Dave Z

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    The only Luxco whiskeys are:

Ezra Brooks

Rebel Reserve

Rebel Yell

D. Nicholson 1843

Davies County

Bourbon Supreme

Wall Street

Yellowstone
    I would guess that they own considerably more labels than that. Most companies do. Some could be available in overseas markets and others could be regional. I would like to see their label book to be certain.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    I would guess that they own considerably more labels than that. Most companies do. Some could be available in overseas markets and others could be regional. I would like to see their label book to be certain.
    They Have Bourbon Supreme I see got that from Us as we had it a bit I could have swore Luxco Had the Hallers Reserve it is theirs or HH because Both bought some of our Labels at the end and got some from Mr Medly.
    I think I saw somewhere on the web that someone still makes Still Brook Corn Whiskey too but no clue. What I want is a bottle of Mellow Corn no dam jar with clear stuff like color in what I drink and Dam state only carries the Ball Mason Jar one.
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Disciple

Georgia Moon is the one from the jar. It is a HH product, IIRC. Mellow Corn is also HH...and comes in a 80proof as well as Bib version.

I'm pretty sure that Luxco has many more labels than that. I can remember some Glenmore labels that went their way.

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

One of the Hardest things for me to see and believe is the times I got into the 1966 Bottling house and saw all the ruin there! When I took my Pictures it was in total darkness with my Flash and looking at the floor soaked with water from the leaking roof, the dirt and dust and falling of Teracota from the sealing, the old tax seal machine sitting there with tax saels in it waiting to have numbers printed and writiing and cut! Some Old Bottle Machines just sitting there rusted.

Seeing Old Lunch bags in Fridges in the break room and crackers in the Vending machine. Bandiges and medicine in the nurses station. It looks just like what happen the Last day in Fall 1986 People went home came in the next day to find the place sealed and out of Bussiness due to the way the New people ran it. Failed Ideas and a bottling house that was state of Art in 1966 being abandon after just 20 yrs.

And then for the Owner of the Plant to just shut everything else down and walk away I would hate to see what Jacob G Kinsey and Mr Neuman would have said about this. But most of it happen because there were no forward thinking people running Kinsey or Publicker anymore!
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    -----------------------------------------------------

Guru

So people did not have much warning it was going to shut down?

Disciple

At the time Kinsey Closed down it was called Publicker Packaging Services in the Fall of 1986 people went home from there shift only to come back the next day and find it closed. A friend of mine Bob worked there still doing antifreeze bottling and went Hunting, He said when he came back he went to work to find an empty parking lot and the Security Guard told Him the place had shut down over night. Within a few days they called all the workers and gave them Severance Pay and everyone who had pension coming got it!
    Dave Z
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    --------------------------------------------------

Disciple

Continental Distilling was right there when Liqours were starting to be made and sold after Prohibition! Someone I think Jeff asked me the other day how far back did they make Liqours.

So as I offten do I went to my earlest set of Mini Liqour bottles which were Prepared by Continental Distilling in the yr 1934. They Are in small vase shaped Mimi's and are the following Types.
    1.Classic Cherry Cordial
    2.Peach Cordial
    3.Classic Cacao - Menthe
    4.Classic Kummel

All of these are in Diamond Glass Bottles, Publicker used products from the areas they operated in first and formost as policy and Diamond Glass was in Royersford Pa. All have the original small 1930's Tax seal with Continental Disitlling Phila Pa writen on the seal and small Red steel caps.
    The Cheery Looks so good I almost want to open it but it is so mint I will just leave it on the shelf!

They Also made Blackberry Brandy back then and Real Peach schnapps and I have been told that the Black Berry Brandy was awesome never had any myself.

They also on the Whiskey Side had a Whiskey They Imported From Belgium that was made from a blend of different straight 12 yr old Whiskeys called " Old Treasure " I am lucky to have an empty Bottle given me by Ludy He said it was Good Stuff! The Bottle I have is from the late 1950's and one of the rarest Bottles to find.

It says on the Label
    The Truly rare maturity of this Fine whiskey is achieved only through long aging 12 yrs Old. It was Blended in Belgium and imported and Bottled in Phila.
    Dave Z
    -----------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most magnificent Bourbon
    ------------------------------------------------

Guru

Mier may have some info on that Belgian whiskey.

Disciple

I would love to find out about the Old Treasure Whiskey I wonder if the company in that country still Distills. We had so many Brands I will never know them all but I can say that none of our Whiskey and other spirits were low quality they were all great buys for their prices and I would love to know how many Bottles of Old Hickory went out in all those great years.

I just got done having some Peanut lolita and I find it to be a Wonderful Liqour the first thing that hits you is the Bourbon flavor then the fresh peanut taste.

I can only hope that some of you out there will find a vintage bottle of one of our Products it will surprise you how Dam good they are!

I would be willing to bet that Old Hickory could take on the Best of the best Bourbons today! It was always such a special Bourbon and so Dam Flavorful too!

Dave Z
    It Seems All The nicest people Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    -------------------------------------------------