Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Threaded View

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Rod you should mount it on the last one of the Goose necks hanging down, it looks great. Getting my Base made for my Last Lamp next week, and getting the lamp to the Electrian friend tomorrow for wiring.
    On Sunday Rod got an old Ladder and did something for Me I could not do. He climbed through a old second floor door on the Grain process building to get shots of the Big grain box above while the building is still standing here are those shots for History Plus, First Pictures when we were in the old Kinsey Bottle House Rod noticed something I had missed the Beams that support the second floor are from Old Pottstown Bethlehem Steel
    1.Beam with Bethlehem on it in the red paint.
    2. Grain Box
    3. Looking in the Second floor of the Old Grain Process building from this building the grains moved to the fermenters in the Old DSP-Pa-12 by worm gears on the sealing of the Tunnel we had our Lockers in down on the bottom of the still.
    4. Stairs with floor gone to bad to get closer, they go to the Little 3rd floor Cupalo tower on the building.
    5. The Old Grain box the wood looks amazingly good like new in this shot of the whole grain Box
    6.& 7. Grains still laying on the floor from spring of 1951 when the still made its last Whiskey. I wish the floor would have been walkable so I could have some of those old Whiskey grains from so long ago. My Dad worked there then.
    8. Bethlehem on post in the Old Kinsey Bottle House

Thanks again to Rod for getting those Grain building shots. I now have Pictures just about everywhere in the Plant in standing Buildings to save for History.
    Dave Z
    ==================================================
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 05-30-2012 at 12:37.