Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,044 of 1044
    Disciple

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Well this is sad weekend as the Oldest Living Relative to Jacob G Kinsey passed away early this week. I posted pictures in 2007 of me giving a talk about Kinsey, and Al Landis was with me he was Mr Kinsey's Great Nephew Al died this week at the age of 96. Al's Father was the Master Distiller at the old DSP-PA-12 till 1951 when it shut down, and He traveled to Scotland to teach men how the run the new stills at Inverhouse Distillery when it opened in 1964. I will be going to the viewing on Saturday. - P.S. The New Kinsey Rye is doing very well as a guy I know at the Limerick State store told me it selling really Good!

Dave Z
    ========================================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey for Unhurried Moments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Well I had to drive to Douglasville, Pa to get it but here is the New Kinsey Rye Whiskey from Millstone Spirits, a 86 Proof Rye will try it tonight. What gets me is the Last area that will get it is the Linfield Limerick area where it was made for so many years. Somehow the state Stores never think ahead I guess. Here are two pictures of the new Kinsey Bottle!
    Dave Z
    ============================================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey
    Dave,
    Who's making this stuff?
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Joe They just started Distilling they bought this from the same Whiskey Broker that Smooth Amber does but late in the year. Did you get the Rye? I have not tried the 7 Year yet. They finally have it at the Limerick store and the manager told me the Rye is Flying off the shelves. People are excited to see the old name. They opened a brand new Still and bottle house in Phila at the Old Crane Buildings on Cadwallader Street. They call the Distillery Liberty Distilling. They are aging products for the future right now. They hope soon to Distill a Kinsey Bourbon also. The Crane Building used to Make Pluming stuff back in the day Toilets Ect!
    Dave Z
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 01-17-2015 at 18:01.

Disciple

More sad news at Kinsey. Two days ago some Kids started a fire at O Building the Old government Building. I have not got there yet but will soon. I heard it was put out quick but the fire company pulled the same thing again instead of rolling the doors up they tested their tools and cut them so now it can never be sealed up again. In their own way they cause as much damage as the vandels because they hate the Place, I myself still love it.
    Dave Z - I will get some pictures when i can.
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments