Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,039 of 1039
    Disciple

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Waiting to hear again from the Distilling Company that is going to make Kinsey Whiskey again in Phila. Talked to them about 3 weeks ago and they were getting ready to bottle Kinsey 7 straight whiskys in a blend with the Kinsey Name. Then the next thing will Be Kinsey Rye and after a few years Kinsey Bourbon will be made from the Whiskey they are about to Distill and Barrel there! I am supposed to be taken down some time soon to taste test the Kinsey Straight Whiskey they have bought and are bottling. When this happens I can take my mind off the rotten deal I got losing my job of 15 Years. I will post here as soon as I talk to them again. They told me they will make sure I get Kinsey Whiskey all the time! It is Very Exciting for me to Know that Kinsey is returning as a brand again. I have a feeling it will go very well!
    Dave Z
    =======================================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Today is a great day For me as I can proudly state that Kinsey straight Whiskey Blend and Kinsey Rye are returning some time Next week and will be available in Pa state stores sometime during next week, Kinsey will also be sold in Florida State! I just got off the Phone with them and they now are also distilling their Products in Phila for the future! This is an awesome thing,I could never have dreamed of and it is happening! The First week of 2015 I will be going down to sip Kinsey and see the Plant. I am very proud to be part of this in a small but exciting way and everyone check Kinsey out.
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join The Swing To Kinsey
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 12-04-2014 at 09:57.

Guru

Your age does not matter, your knowledge does!

Dave, is it the New Liberty Distillery? http://millstonespirits.com/the-distillery/
    Last edited by Jono; 12-04-2014 at 10:04.

Advanced Taster

After the rich history you have documented in these epic threads, the return of the Kinsey brand is a sweet reward. I hope they do it justice.
    One whiskey for every ghost.

Disciple

I went to my Local State store today they will most likely have it Tuesday! The weird thing is the state system already has it in Lancaster Pa in some of their stores as the Lady at my local store looked it up for me! There will be two Kinds to start Kinsey 7 Year Old and Kinsey Rye! later Once their barrels they are making age there will also be a Kinsey Bourbon. Right now they had to search out and buy whiskey from a broker but the one they are getting it from, really make good Whiskey some of the very best and many styles! The first week of the year 2015 they are going to take me down to Phila to tour the Distillery and sip Kinsey Whiskey and they told me they will be giving me some free bottles! This is a very exciting thing for me and I am telling everyone I can I just called a Old Bar just down the street from the Old Kinsey Plant and told them and I got the manager and he was very Happy to find out about it.
    Dave

Guru

Dave, what is great is that you have come almost full circle with Kinsey from working there to seeing its demise to now a rebirth.
    The past is gone but now something new stands in its place. I wish them much success!

Who knows Dave but maybe they will see those old buildings and see them full of aging barrels and bottling again one day.
    I could see you driving that flat bed truck modified for giving tours!

Tis the dreaming season.
    Last edited by Jono; 12-07-2014 at 14:49.

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Well I had to drive to Douglasville, Pa to get it but here is the New Kinsey Rye Whiskey from Millstone Spirits, a 86 Proof Rye will try it tonight. What gets me is the Last area that will get it is the Linfield Limerick area where it was made for so many years. Somehow the state Stores never think ahead I guess. Here are two pictures of the new Kinsey Bottle!
    Dave Z
    ============================================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Dave, it must give you immense satisfaction to see the old brand back in production.
    I am happy that at least all of your years documenting a closed distillery history have a happy ending so to speak.

Virtuoso

Cheers, Dave! I think I can see you smiling from here ... Let us know what you think ...
    Mark