Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1070
    Virtuoso

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

In photo #1, I notice the street ends (bottom left corner of photo). I wonder how they go back to the house where my grandparents lived. It was built in 1792 and it was in good condition when I lived there in the late 1960s. I imagine someone would have been living there and would have been attending to it. The house was tucked into the the crook of the river. No bridges, so perhaps access was via Kinsey or through the fields to the right of photo #1.

What do you think, Dave?

Guru

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Chuck Look closely to the far left side and you see it goes around the warehouse at the end, its just the way it is cropped being shot in the air. It goes around and where you see the steer Pens behind the warehouses is really the road down there. When Jacob G Kinsey Bought the Place in 1892 There was a carriage road in the woods down to there I found it years ago all the large trees were types from overseas and spaced so many feet apart on each side it was very wide so a Carriage or wagon could go down. It was winter and I followed it down to the house you would never see it in the summer. It was the way William Evans went to the Home He built that sits in ruin now there. Chuck Sitting here sipping one of the first bottles of Kinsey bourbon bottled it will soon be on sale. It is a very nice bourbon a 99 Proof that is strong but tasty. I have one of the first of it here sent to me today! Here is a Picture of the bourbon

It Will Be in South Carolina soon.
    Dave Z
    ================================================

That picture was shot through the glass of the original picture which is the only one I know of that exsist's It was given to me by my friend who ran sales and Marketing for Publicker.

Kinsey the Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 06-25-2015 at 17:16.

Guru

Dave,

That bottle looks good! I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Guru

It sure does! They told me when they were starting that they would have high quality Bottles and they are very well made with stopper and very Heavy glass too! If you get near someone who handles the New Kinsey Whiskeys give them a try.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ==============
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

Guru

Here are 3 more Picytures of the Kinsey Plant.
    1. Where house H in ruin the Last warehouse Jake Kinsey built!
    2.Walking into the plant from the front gate.
    3. The Old 1892 Kinsey Grain Process building.

I have to look through my Discs and load some of the old Pictures I have from years past I lost alot of them when my Computer blew out but found I had put allot of them on disc's.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!
    Dave Z
    Join The Swing to Kinsey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Just found out that someone started another fire at Kinsey today by the picture it looks like Warehouse J again, since the stupid fire company INSTEAD OF OPENING DOORS CUT THEM OPEN THE LAST TIME! By doing that they make it possible for these creeps to do this whenever they want too. This just breaks my heart. I can only say that someone who starts fires like this is not even a HUMAN BEING. I am not sure I can ever go there again it it is so hard for me to see this. Also they endanger the people putting the fire out.
    Dave Z

Virtuoso

Dave, I would love to obtain all the images you have. I can work with you to either get copies of your CDs or help you get the images into the cloud on a shared folder.

Also, CDs don't last forever. They aren't made to archival standards. The materials in them do degrade over time. Let's get those priceless photos backed up!

You know my phone numbers.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Just found out that someone started another fire at Kinsey today by the picture it looks like Warehouse J again, since the stupid fire company INSTEAD OF OPENING DOORS CUT THEM OPEN THE LAST TIME! By doing that they make it possible for these creeps to do this whenever they want too. This just breaks my heart. I can only say that someone who starts fires like this is not even a HUMAN BEING. I am not sure I can ever go there again it it is so hard for me to see this. Also they endanger the people putting the fire out.
    Dave Z
    That's a shame, Dave.

Guru

My Friend Butch who worked at Publicker in Phila took my Picture of Kinsey Distillery from around the late 1890's and removed all the lights reflected I got on the picture when I took it through the frame! Also a Picture of a Publicker Commercial Alcohol tanker from 1926. I got this Picture from Butch!
    1. Kinsey Late 1890's, Taken from the only known of Copy of this picture, which belongs to a Friend who has it in his place of Business!
    2. July 1926 White Semi Truck Pulling a Publicker Commercial Alcohol Tanker the Picture that Butch gave me.

I find Myself thinking more about those old Kinsey Days, very Much now that I find that at my age it is almost impossible to get a job no matter how hard it is to go on with very little money!
    In those days Jobs were always there for People who want to work.
    In the next couple days I want to do some posting on all my threads.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ====
    It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 08-21-2015 at 06:23.

Guru

I just got these 5 Pictures from CL from back when his Grandfather Mr Bryant ran the 1966 Bottling House and lived in this old historic house down by the river as you can see it was in beautiful condition when Publicker owned it. the first 4 Pictures are the house the last one is the Old barn. The house was the Old William Evans homestead built in the 1700's it was one of the Oldest Homes in Limerick Township! Thanks to CL for these great Pictures from his Uncle. It is now in total ruin.
    Dave Z
    ======================================
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent bourbon