Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,056 of 1056
    Guru

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    I'm sitting here sipping the New Kinsey 7 year Old Whisky and loving it! I am very saddened by what is happening to the plant. Every week now it seems someone starts a fire!
    Dave Z
    ============================================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    A favorable review....unfortunately, I don't think it is available in Illinois.

http://thedrinknation.com/articles/r...7-Year-Whiskey

Guru

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Here is a picture of a bottle of the New Kinsey Rye and a bottle of the New 7 year Old Kinsey Straight Whisky! The 7 year is now empty and I am working on the Rye they were both awesome! What a joy to see the Kinsey Name return and the Old Hickory name in Tenna. Jono Do you ever get to NC or SC or FL Kinsey will soon be available in those states also very soon!

Dave Z
    ================================================== =======================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 05-17-2015 at 17:39.

Guru

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

I am posting some more pictures of my trip to New Liberty Distillery! The Home of Kinsey Whiskeys and Linfield Straight Whiskey!

1.Barrels of Aging Kinsey Whisky
    2. The Pot Still does 200 gal each batch.
    3. When the Stable Building was restored by Engineers who used it for their offices and they kept all the old Horse stalls and made them separate offices! This is one of the old stalls.
    4. More Kinsey Whiskey Barrels in racks.
    5. Another picture of the Pot Still.
    The Products were tasted and were wonderful. I got to sip some of the Next new product coming late Summer Kinsey Bourbon It was wonderful. All Whiskys are bottled in hih quality Bottles with cork stoppers.
    I will post some more pictures on my threads soon.
    Dave Z

================================================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

I looked at Millstone Sprits Group's website specific to the New Liberty Distillery. According to the descriptions of their whiskies, the whiskey was sourced and blended. It also noted that the 7 year whiskey was produced from 100% corn and aged in used barrels. I understand the Kinsey Whiskey was a blend. Was the whiskey produced by KInsey or Continental produced from 100% corn and did they age it in used barrels? In one of your pictures, it appears that based on their appearance some of the barrels may be reused. Do those barrels contain whiskey produced in their small pot still or is it some of the sourced product?

Guru

I don't think we ever used are used barrels for Whiskey they were taken apart and shipped to Scotland to be used for Scotch back then but the Company did produce some Corn whisky all through their History! And it was corn whisky Barrels with some stuff left in them on the 3rd floor of Q warehouse that were set on Fire many years ago that caused great damage to that Building. The New Liberty Distillery has allot of sourced whiskeys right now from many sources till their Products are aged and ready and Robert is a master at putting together some really good Whiskeys. When I was there he showed me many used types of Barrels which he is going to use for special Distilling's. And some will be added to Whiskey at times to make special Products. They have allot of Idea's and the Kinsey Bourbon that will be coming out was awesome. Hope this helps you Fricky Let me Know. One of Our Corn Whiskeys was Midwest Corn Whiskey! In the early 70's years before the Place was gone they bought all the brands from American Distilling that they sold when they went to making only
    Gasahol. Philip Publicker, Harry Publicker's Bother owned American Distilling and moved it out west back before Prohibition started. I have some original Mash Bills from the early 1950's from the Kinsey DSP-PA-12 Distiller and they had allot of corn in the bills.
    Dave Z

Guru

Dave...thanks for sharing! I hope all is well! I hope Kinsey Rye or Bourbon show up in Indiana or Illinois soon. I want to buy one just to toast you and your history in the industry, my friend.

All the Best!