Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1002
    Taster

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Dave, I was wondering how you were doing. Happy New Year 2014! Glad to see you back posting again. That matchbook is a classic. A glass of whiskey and a comfortable chair will never go out of style, even if matchbooks have.

Disciple

Fangzilla I am very lucky to own a match book like that in my collection. I have spent many years getting things to preserve for the History of Kinsey and Publicker and I hope to do a lot more posting in the future! Thanks again for the kind words. Back in 2007 after I almost died I made my mind up I was going to cover as much History about the company as I could and I have lots of stuff yet just got to spend time posting it.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ======================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey

Disciple

Today was a great day for me as I got a call at lunch time in my Office from a Man who is part of a group that is Bringing The Old HicKory Whiskey brand Name back. We talked about the Brand and They Hope some day to bring it back for sale to Pa their web site is

www.oldhickorywhiskey.com

It will be a hand crafted Whiskey and will be bottled in Nashville Tenn! I am so glad that someone is going to market it in a quality Product and look forward havin someg one Day!

It has been so many years since it left us and They bought the name because of Andrew Jackson ( Old Hickory ) coming from Tenn and it is being bottled not far from his home. I am very Happy and enjoyed talking to the Man from Lipman Brands I had e mailed them and here it is a day Later they called me.
    Dave Z
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 01-16-2014 at 12:25.

Guru

I wonder if they will try to recreate the original mash bill for at least one of the products? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Taster

Very interesting indeed. As Jono says, the first question is, have they bought the original recipe as well? If they just bought the name, and not the recipe for Old Hickory, I suspect it will be a disappointment. Especially for Dave, who remembers very well what OH is supposed to taste like.

Guru

They will have a different "terrior" being made in TN vs PA - however - they are keeping with a similar label.
    http://magazinesadsandbooks.com/Maga...-P2625270.aspx

I assume they are buying bulk and blending ....ala Templeton..but with more transparency?

Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Well here is the Bottle sent to me from them after talking to a member of the RS Lipman Company! It was bottled in Bardstown KY. And says Old Hickory Great American Whiskey 100% American Grains. Blended Bourbon Whiskey! I will give it a try once I sign out. I had talked to them late last week about our Old Hickory and they wanted to thank me by giving me a bottle. I expect it will be totally different from ours but I think from what they told me it is going to be a good pour!

Just tasted it and I find I to be a very Flavorful Bourbon I think it will sell well n Tenna.
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 01-20-2014 at 17:28.

Guru

That is wonderful Dave! It looks very enticing, hopefully, the have done the label justice. But kudos regardless for them bringing it back
    and being so nice to you. Maybe we will see you in advertising! "Hi, I'm Dave Ziegler, and I drink Old Hickory, you should too!"

I did not know much if anything about Lipman's but there website product info is worth a look
    http://www.lipmanbrands.com/category/brands/

Hap & Harry’s Beer....hmm, worth a try!
    Last edited by Jono; 01-22-2014 at 15:35.

Disciple

Jono it is very Tasty, different but a very nice Whiskey! I am going to try to just enjoy a shot now and then to make it last! The Label is the original picture we used just different colors around it. I am very pleased that it is a real good quality product.
    Not Happy with what work has done this week to us, we can not go on anything that says whisky or Beer. This world is getting nuts So I can only post from Home to here.

Dave Z
    ==================================================
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 01-23-2014 at 16:46.

Taster

Congrats on that bottle, Dave. Nice to have something that will remind you of the old days (besides your entire house full of things from the old days).

I work in Information Tech, so I recognize what happened to you at work - they implemented a "web filter" to control which sites you can visit. Everyone is doing it. If you can befriend the IT guru who controls that device, in some cases he/she might be persuaded to open up one site for you, such as this one. Worth trying! Whether this will work depends on how large your company is.

Us younger folks get around this at work by using our mobile devices when we can.