Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Post Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

During the time Continental Distilling was in Bussiness we had way over 100 brands of Spirits here is a set of pictures of Our BIB 8 year Old Corn Whiskey Mid West Corn Whiskey! We also the last few years in Bussiness had the Old Stillbrook Label that had belonged to American Distilling and made Stillbrook BIB Corn Whiskey.

Quick Note the Pint Bottle has the wrong tax sticker these were Trade show bottles and someone put a Pink instead of Green BIB sticker on it.

Here are the 2 pictures of two of my Mid West BIB 8 yr Corn whiskey bottles a 4/5 Qt and a Pint both bottled at DSP-Pa-12 Linfield and distilled at DSP-Pa-1 Phila

They Had so many brands that I do not know at least 25 or more we also in the years of the Linfield 1966 Bottling house did alot of work for Seagrams and also many other Distillers in Ky and where ever Whiskey was bottled. The Medley Family Knew Mr Neuman and we did work sometimes for them and they did some special small batch stuff for Continental from what I have been told.

Continental was not the type of Company to try and Push other companies out of compitition but rather won customers by making a better Product and having something for everyone be it Liqour, Gin or Fine Whiskey. From all the different people I have talked to they were well thought of in the Distilling Familys.

I just wish that the company could have kept going but the loss of Mr Si Neuman was too much and there were those who just wanted to get all they could once He was gone. He was such a Leader that when he died the Company Died!
    Dave Z
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Old Hickory America's Finest Bourbon
    Kinsey The Genial Gin
    Philadelphia The Heritage Whiskey
    Inver House Soft As A Kiss
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 02-26-2009 at 02:51.

Disciple

As anyone who reads my Threads knows I love Peanut Lolita Continentals Peanut Liqour. I am lucky to have a good many but once they are gone there will never be any more. For Anyone Looking for a Dusty of it here are pictures of the two size Bottles it was bottled in a 375 Ml and a 750 ML.

The 750 in the picture is full the 375 is a empty Trade show bottle. I hope that by printing these pcitures out someone can find some Dustys. I gave a friend at work a small sample and He said it was totally wonderful He also said the Casties Peanut Cream Rum is nothing Like our Peanut Lolita as it has cream in it and Peanut Lolita is made with Bourbon and way better! It is 53 Proof and the label on the back gives the recipe for a Edinburg Express which is a shot and 1/4 of Scotch and a shot of Peanut.

I have called some Distillers and no one seems to be interested in trying to make this. I am wondering If HH would be willing to try and make something like this? I have never called them about it.

I wish someone would Make it again, I have a friend from NY who drinks Frangelica and He said when I gave him a taste that it is way better then that.
    So If anyone knows of a Distiller that would be interested Lets petition them to do it!
    Dave Z
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 02-27-2009 at 02:36.

Virtuoso

Re: My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    For Anyone Looking for a Dusty of it here are pictures of the two size Bottles it was bottled in a 375 Ml and a 750 ML.

I have called some Distillers and no one seems to be interested in trying to make this. I am wondering If HH would be willing to try and make something like this? I have never called them about it.

I wish someone would Make it again, I have a friend from NY who drinks Frangelica and He said when I gave him a taste that it is way better then that.
    So If anyone knows of a Distiller that would be interested Lets petition them to do it!
    Very nice Dave. I would love to come across some of this. It really makes a lot of sense for someone to make a product similar to this. It seems to be a product that could work with harder mixes (i.e. your CAptain Peanut) as well as lighter, more indulgent drinks (like a mudslide).

Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Guru

You would think some GA, NC or VA peanut company would investigate.

http://www.goldenpeanut.com/
    http://www.hubspeanuts.com/hubsv9/shop
    http://www.auntrubyspeanuts.com/

Recipe...Chicken in a Whiskey Peanut sauce
    http://www.canadiandistillers.com/en...s/rom_june.htm

Disciple

Someone had to try it so I did I just got off the Phone with a company Rep at heaven Hills. I called asked to speak to someone about Making Peanut Liqour made with Bourbon and when I talked to the Lady I told her about having worked for Continental Distilling thanked them for making Rittenhouse Rye and keeping Continental Distilling on the Label which is Old School to do. Then I told Her about My Peanut lolita and How Dam good it is and that no one makes it that we were the Only Ones and asked if they would be interested in making something like that.

She took my Office Number and said she would get someone from Marketing to call my about My Idea! I hope they do and I think if enough people called they might think about it. I told her that they were a company that was always head on the curb and thinking ahead. They may be the one chance of something like this.

I also told her how all the different people on the site wish they could get a product like this she listened to me and thanked me which is very cool since I am not in the Bussiness any more but she said it sounded like a neat Liquor.

So look up their Number On the web and call them and tell them you want Peanut Liqour there is strength in Numbers.
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Disciple

When the marketing person gets back to you....get their direct number. That way when we contact the person at Heaven Hill, they will already know what we are asking about.
    Sounds like a nice project.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Might as well ask about Old Hickory too.....maybe they could aquire the label.

Disciple

Right Now I am just working on trying to get Someone to make Peanut Liqour. I doubt they would even think about Old Hickory with all the Bourbons they have in their Porfolio! But there is a shot of getting them to think about a good new Liqour No one else makes!
    if I can get a number to call some one in Marketing I will post it their Company number in on their web site under Contact us, and I welcome anyone calling them and requsting Them making this product!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Guru

http://www.northjersey.com/food/Old_...nostalgia.html

"But Tyler became the clear victor when he turned up something called, somewhat disturbingly, Peanut Lolita, a thick, peanut-flavored liqueur that once was produced by Continental Distilling in Linfield, Pa. The logo and fonts on the label suggest the early 1960s, but according to what little research exists, Peanut Lolita was still around in the mid-1970s, when infamous presidential brother Billy Carter "often made drunken appearances" with the liqueur's spokesmodel, according to an essay by Christopher S. Kelley in "Life in the White House: A Social History of the First Family and the President's House" (SUNY Press, 2004).

We may own the only two bottles of Peanut Lolita left in existence. Due to the liqueur's overwhelming whiskey-and-peanut taste and grainy texture — not to mention its unfortunate name — it is unlikely to make a comeback anytime soon. But Tyler has created a respectable drink with the stuff: He layers ice-cold Peanut Lolita and raspberry-flavored Chambord in a cordial glass and calls it a PB&J."

Disciple

I saw that artical a while back I thought to myself you guys don't have a clue as I have a good bit more then two bottles. It has a very Powerful smooth bourbon flavor in its taste profile and the Peanut flavor jumps out at you and if you had it you would like it right away. I gave a guy at work a taste one day he raved about it for days!
    He put some with Rum Loved it that way and had a little on the rocks and loved it that way I gave him a couple of shots in a medical sample bottle from work. Trouble is once it is gone no more unless someone makes it again the way we did with Bourbon

I hope some of the Guys on the site looking for it can find some as once you drink it you like it. I drank better then a case of it last year! To me it is a Priceless thing to have. In all the years I have had Peanut Lolita Liqour I have never Had anyone I gave a shot of it say anything but how good it was. People always try to talk me into selling them some but no way once it is gone there will be no more and I drink a little of it most days of the week.
    Dave Z
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 02-27-2009 at 16:20.