Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Taster

Update

I bought the Booker's, like I said, and it was a real success! Amazing bourbon... we sipped it neat, the way my girlfriend's dad drinks most of his Scotch (unless he pours in a little water). Very strong and good. Thanks again for all of your help.

By the way, since I was at the Philly duty-free, I can update you all on what they had. It's a pretty expensive duty-free -- my double-carton of Marlboro Reds set me back almost $50. Whiskey was not much better. There was a bunch of Wild Turkey bottles, but no Kentucky Spirit or Rare Breed. The Booker's was $46 (so I guess I got a good deal) and the Baker's was $28.

Bottom line, it's better to look for specials at your liquor store than buy at the duty free if PHL is where your connecting flight leaves from.

Re: Update

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    By the way, since I was at the Philly duty-free.... Whiskey was not much better. There was a bunch of Wild Turkey bottles, but no Kentucky Spirit or Rare Breed.
    The point of duty free for us bourbon freaks is not to buy something we can get at our local store for cheaper, it is to get some of the export only/duty free only bourbons. For example Wild Turkey Freedom, Heritage, Kentucky Legend, Tradition, 12 year, etc. So if next time you see any of those you may want to grab one... make that as many as you can because you could always trade with members...
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Taster

Re: Update

Well, ain't I the newbie! Thanks, Christian, I'll definitely do that next time I'm at a duty-free.