Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Willett Rye Origin

Nice work, Roger. Make sure you save some for me

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Enthusiast

Bumping. I've been helping a DC distributor, bar, and retailer organize two more barrels from this stash, and the whiskey was delivered about a month ago. There is some available--price has gone up, but it's still pretty reasonable given the product. There are two barrels--"Velvet Glove" and "Iron Fist," and they fit their descriptions pretty well. I like Velvet Glove more, dougdog likes Iron Fist more. 68.5% abv, both of them.

As with the first two Willett ryes, shelf price is about $180, but there is an extra special friends-and-family (and SB.com) price for a good bit less.

There is also a 15-year-old bourbon barrel (shelf $72) and 6-year-old bourbon barrel (shelf $40), both about 62% abv.

For more info, contact myself or CrashRiley (who is the retailer handling friends-and-family orders). For those of you local to DC, the whiskeys are on the bar at the two Bourbon restaurants and Acadiana, with a few more places coming on-line soon.
    Jake Parrott
    Ledroit Brands, LLC

Virtuoso

I have not yet spoke with Jake but did have the opportunity to speak with Crash this week. A wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to chat with not only on the Willett’s but other offerings ACE has available or soon to. I'll be posting some notes as I should have one of each Willett at my place by Friday of this week.

Thanks again Crash you guys are top notch!

Peace,

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

We, as a group, are going to have to be more specific in the future when referring to any "Willett" bottlings, tastings, etc. Drew is using that label to do many of his single barrels for individuals/retailers, etc. For example, I have two different Willett 22yo barrel proof ryes and two different Willett 4yo barrel proof bourbons. It now appears that several more Willetts are in the works in the DC area and in KY. Fortunately Drew is identifying the barrel purchaser on the back label to help distinguish the different bottlings.

Randy

Enthusiast

Our two rye bottlings have monikers as well. See above.

Any bottlings we do in the future (bourbon or rye) will have silly names too. Feel free to suggest some .
    Jake Parrott
    Ledroit Brands, LLC

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    I have not yet spoke with Jake but did have the opportunity to speak with Crash this week. A wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to chat with not only on the Willett’s but other offerings ACE has available or soon to. I'll be posting some notes as I should have one of each Willett at my place by Friday of this week.

Thanks again Crash you guys are top notch!

Peace,

Tony
    Tony.....had a chance to try the Willett Ryes as of yet? If so, got any notes thus far to post?