Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Old Charter Line

Our last distribution of Old Charter 12 yo carries the new-style, yellow label, too, now. It seems unlikely they would have bothered to get the new label approved for it just to discontinue it.
    Tim

Enthusiast

Tim,
    Did you notice if there is a new label 10 yr. old? Just curious. Like I said, for the money, I go with the 12.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobA View Post
    Tim,
    Did you notice if there is a new label 10 yr. old? Just curious. Like I said, for the money, I go with the 12.

Bob
    Yes, all three standard bourbons -- 8-, 10-, and 12-yo -- have the new yellow label, with the age stated on a separate strip label above it. See here:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...+Charter+label

(The 750ml and up have a rear label that includes the bar code, etc., show on front here.)
    The color inside the little "Since 1874" badge varies by age, too.

The only recent issue I've yet to see in the new dress is the 7yo BIB.
    Tim

Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll look for the new label. I've noticed a few stores weren't restocking. Just waiting for the new labels to catch up, I hope.

Bob

Apprentice

I just went hunting Austin at a few places that I *know* used to have this. None of them stock it anymore. 8 was everywhere, and 10 and 13 were less common but I located them both.

Shame, because I remember seeing the 12 at these stores about a year ago and didn't pull the trigger because I was saving for Christmas

Enthusiast

Being in Tennessee you would have seen our test market of the revised Old Charter label. This was my last project as domestic bourbon brand manager and I thought the label looked pretty good (if I say so myself). The 12 year old has NOT been discontinued, however, like all bourbons from Buffalo Trace, this one is currently being allocated. Since Tennessee is a very good market for Old Charter, it should not be difficult to find any of the Charter expressions.

Ken

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Weber View Post
    Being in Tennessee you would have seen our test market of the revised Old Charter label. This was my last project as domestic bourbon brand manager and I thought the label looked pretty good (if I say so myself). The 12 year old has NOT been discontinued, however, like all bourbons from Buffalo Trace, this one is currently being allocated. Since Tennessee is a very good market for Old Charter, it should not be difficult to find any of the Charter expressions.

Ken
    Hi Ken,
    Always a pleasure to see one of your posts! Do you have a new job title? A promotion? If so, congratulations!

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!