Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Taster

What Bourbon did you find recently that would make a great Christmas gift for you?

It would have to be that bottle of Pappy 20 that I found last week.
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"

Connoisseur

Re: What Bourbon did you find recently that would make a great Christmas gift for you

There's a BMH 21 I have been eyein' pretty hard lately....

Enthusiast

Re: What Bourbon did you find recently that would make a great Christmas gift for you

Both of the Bottles of LeNell's Red Hook Rye I picked up yesterday are Christmas gifts for me. My Sister and Father-in-Law are paying for them. Good people those two.
    Last edited by Joeluka; 12-15-2006 at 09:24.
    Joe

Taster

Well, actually I picked up several bottles on a trip to Omaha a few weeks ago. These were all varieties that aren't available in Sioux Falls. I've opened some of them but gave the Lot B and ORVW 10/107 to my wife and asked her to give them to me for Christmas.

Taster

My thinking goes like this. The bottle of Pappy 23 that I ordered yesterday is going to be from mom using that $100 she gives me every year for Christmas.. even though I'm 45. Thanks mom! Oh yeah I get $100 for my birthday too! You can call me mama's boy but wait 'till I'm tipping my first pour and I'll toast to that.

Guru

I am easily pleased.

Any bottle from any distillery.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Anything Van Winkle would suit me fine
    ....or something from Heaven Hill
    ...... or something from Bufallo Trace
    ......... or anything from any distillery that isn't retailing to Australia

Advanced Taster

three, because:

forester barrel reserve, i'm a big forester fan. never seen this one, pretty sure its no longer made.

four roses single barrel, 'cause i cant buy it here! (i'll get some when i go to kentucky this spring because i dont expect to get this one for x mas)

old pogue, i've never had this one. and i like how its the only whiskey these folks make.
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Connoisseur

Assuming they are still there I would like to have the 3 WLW's that were sitting on the shelf at the liquor store the last time I was there. The only way this will happen is if I buy them myself though, the only people I exchange gifts with either don't shop at this store and wouldn't think to buy them even if they saw them, won't purchase liquor as a gift for me, or aren't old enough to buy them. I'm tempted to buy them, wrap them, put them under the tree, and feign surprise on X-mas morning when we are all opening presents.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
    My thinking goes like this. The bottle of Pappy 23 that I ordered yesterday is going to be from mom using that $100 she gives me every year for Christmas.. even though I'm 45. Thanks mom! Oh yeah I get $100 for my birthday too! You can call me mama's boy but wait 'till I'm tipping my first pour and I'll toast to that.
    What I'd like to know is where the hell you're getting Pappy 23 for $100!!
    Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra