Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Connoisseur

Re: What Bourbon did you find recently that would make a great Christmas gift for you

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Pogue View Post
    Roger's points on this issue echo my sentiments exactly.

Peter Pogue

Peter,

Thank you for chiming in on this. It is nice to know that you stand behind your products, and are willing to defend them.

Guru

Re: What Bourbon did you find recently that would make a great Christmas gift for you

I'm thinking for Christmas I'd like a bourbon available that I'm not likely to pay the price for (mainly because I'm cheap) and that would include either the 23 yr old Evan Williams direct from HH's gift shop signed by Parker and Craig or a Pappy 23 signed by Julian.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Taster

My wife and I happened to stop in a local liquor store for some wine today. We don't usually visit this particular store, but they happen to carry the wine we wanted. Well, I started poking around in the bourbon section and was floored to see the entire Antique collection on the shelf.

Talked to the store proprieter for a few minutes about it. They got 3 bottles of each and probably have 2 bottles of each left. At over $300 for the complete set they're all out of my reach, but sure would make a nice Christmas present. Unfortunately, my wife has finished her shopping for this year (sigh).

Any suggestions on which ONE to buy if you were only going to buy a single bottle?

Jeff

Disciple

Ask the store owner if he has layaway and buy one of each! If you can still only pick one, get the WLW 2006 as it is Stitzel Weller whiskey!

Thomas