Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Japanese top three...

Personally I would go for Wild Turkey Heritage, only because I've been trying to get one for over 12 months. I believe it is still available in Japan.
    Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection would be another one to keep his eyes peeled for...a 14 year old 107 proof Japan only release.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Not that I feel I have to explain myself, but apparently sometimes it is necessary! If he only gets 3 places in the return luggage of a friend and he's found 4 or 5 bottles of this great stuff locally (with a decent chance of finding more) why not try something else great which he hasn't tried?!? Am I the only one who sees my logic in that? I guess maybe so, anyway I was not trying to insult the export version by any means.
    Hi Christian,

I didn't know that he had 4-5 with a chance at more. Your logic is impecable.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    Personally I would go for Wild Turkey Heritage, only because I've been trying to get one for over 12 months. I believe it is still available in Japan.
    Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection would be another one to keep his eyes peeled for...a 14 year old 107 proof Japan only release.

Scott
    I saw some of this on the shelf last month, but didn't get it. Friday I decided to get a bottle for the holidays. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to have this thought, as it was all gone. I think I will stop by another store today to try my luck.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    Evan Williams 15yo (to me, the 12yo pales by comparison, so get two bottles unless you're just dying to try the 12)
    I knew that you prefered the 15 to the 12. I didn't know you thought the 12 pales in comparison. I have never seen the 15 on the shelves around here. I will have to order a bottle. That is something I have never done from a Japanese site. There is always something I don't understand in the ordering procedure.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    Hi Christian,

I didn't know that he had 4-5 with a chance at more. Your logic is impecable.

Ed
    Just been watching his posts in the Collectibles, and there seems to always be some lingering here and there here in California.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Leave the Blantons Straight from the cask on the shelf.....you tried it at my house! It's awful!

I've had three bottles of Blanton's Gold.....all wonderful....you tasted it at my house also
    And I'd also get the Four Roses Super Premium....two of them! Then bring one to my house and let me taste it!!!!

Dawn

I think the Straight from the barrel varies quite a bit from bottle to bottle. The first one I had seemed corked. The second a bit earthy at first, later it still earthy but wonderful. The one I have open now is wonderful!

I have been disappointed in the Gold, not because I didn't like it, but because it didn't reach my high expectations of it. The price of the Gold can vary from shop to shop ranging up to over one hundered bucks. Some places it is quite reasonable.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Just been watching his posts in the Collectibles, and there seems to always be some lingering here and there here in California.
    Well, stupid me, now thinking about it there is a duty free store just 15 minutes from me on the Mexico border....

Needless to say, the GF and I will be going to Mexico tomorrow. If in-fact they do have the WT12, I will have an almost unlimited supply for anyone wanting some...

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    I think the Straight from the barrel varies quite a bit from bottle to bottle. The first one I had seemed corked. The second a bit earthy at first, later it still earthy but wonderful. The one I have open now is wonderful!

Ed
    Ed, all that I know about the barrel proof Blantons was that I did not like it. Enough to the point where I will not purchase it ever. I literally had to "choke" my glass of it down...

Advanced Taster

I would recommend Four Roses SB and Olde St. Nick 15/107. Both are VERY good and not "collector" bottles. They were both in the 4000 yen (~$40 USD) range when I was over there last summer.

Jay
    Saturday night I was downtown
    Working for the FBI
    Sitting in a nest of bad men
    Whisky bottles piling high
    - The Hollies

Disciple

I would bay Old St Nick winter rye if I got the chance to travel to Japan. One of my all time favourites and I think itís not that expansive ether.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey