Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Re: The Balvenie 15-yr single barrel

I also find the 15yo SB to be my favorite Balvenie and one of my favorite scotches all around. My local mega retailer, Spec's, occasionally runs a special where if you will buy a minimum of 12 items, they give the case price on everything, including the hard liquors. Yesterday was one of those days and the Balvenie 15yo SB came to $53.67 and Highland Park 12 to $29.25.

Randy

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    I also find the 15yo SB to be my favorite Balvenie and one of my favorite scotches all around. My local mega retailer, Spec's, occasionally runs a special where if you will buy a minimum of 12 items, they give the case price on everything, including the hard liquors. Yesterday was one of those days and the Balvenie 15yo SB came to $53.67 and Highland Park 12 to $29.25.

Randy
    Sweet prices Randy! Here the 15 SB costs $57 and the HP 12 is $39 so that is a great score!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

If I could only have one SMS the Balvenie 15 would be it. It's not one of those whiskys you need to be in some special mood for, it's just great every time. Big, bold, classy. I'm jonesin' for a bottle right now. Also about 57 bucks here in NH, but regularly on sale for a bit less.

Cheers!

Guru

Unhappy Re: The Balvenie 15-yr single barrel

Dayum. It is always over $70, here.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur

Going on sale here in PA for $51.99 next week and the Portwood 21 will be $10 off at $99.99.
    Illuminati in training

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Following a tip from fellow SB.com'ers about some Ardbeg 17 here in town, I headed there to buy it and replace a recently emptied Balvenie 15yo SB. Low and behold, they have the Balvenie 15 SB on sale for $39.99. The saleslady said they sell it by the case at that price. I only bought two.....may go back for more since I really like this one.

Randy

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    Following a tip from fellow SB.com'ers about some Ardbeg 17 here in town, I headed there to buy it and replace a recently emptied Balvenie 15yo SB. Low and behold, they have the Balvenie 15 SB on sale for $39.99. The saleslady said they sell it by the case at that price. I only bought two.....may go back for more since I really like this one.

Randy
    39.99...Wow Wish I was in TX!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Connoisseur

$40 is $15 below the "sale" price here. Just outstanding. I probably drink more Balvenie 15 then any other scotch and I do have a lot to choose from.
    Illuminati in training

Connoisseur

I've sadly watched the price rise on the Balvenie range almost to the point where I won't buy it anymore. I bought my first 15 yo SB two years ago for $42, it's $67 now where I live. The Doublewood and Founder's Reserve likewise but not as expensive as the SB. I really like Balvenie and my first few bottles of the Double Wood were very tasty however the last bottle I opened was very astringent and not much flavor. I'm letting it rest hoping it or I will recover. I still have one each of the 10, 12, and 15 in reserve.

At the moment I'm hoisting a dram of the Aberlour 16 yo in your honor!
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dramiel McHinson View Post
    I've sadly watched the price rise on the Balvenie range almost to the point where I won't buy it anymore. I bought my first 15 yo SB two years ago for $42, it's $67 now where I live. The Doublewood and Founder's Reserve likewise but not as expensive as the SB. I really like Balvenie and my first few bottles of the Double Wood were very tasty however the last bottle I opened was very astringent and not much flavor. I'm letting it rest hoping it or I will recover. I still have one each of the 10, 12, and 15 in reserve.

At the moment I'm hoisting a dram of the Aberlour 16 yo in your honor!
    I think it's $115 in Ontario currently...