Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Disciple

Christmas trees and bourbon.

Hi Everyone,

Do you have a natural christmas tree up? I don't here in Japan. But I have been wondering if the pine scent of a real tree in the room has affected the way your bourbon tastes? Has it made it better? Worst? No Change?

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Re: Christmas trees and bourbon.

I have a fake tree Ed, but I think I might have to go get a real one, just so I can drink a few bourbons for "science" reasons and answer your question that's what I'll tell my wife, anyways.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

Unfortunately, I joined the artificial tree club. I was Sitting by the tree last night with a pour of Lot B. For whatever reason, I enjoyed it much more than I did a couple of nights ago. Do you find the Lot B to have an almost candy appeal to it?

Guru

Post Re: Christmas trees and bourbon.

We just put up our tree, last night. It is either a Fraser fir or a Douglas fir, I'm not sure which. I love the Christmas tree aroma and I don't find it to affect my tasting one way or another.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

I have a natural tree, and I have not found it to affect my bourbon at all. On the other hand, my house is fairly large so the smell does not permeate the living space like it would in a Japanese flat...

My tree is a redwood. A few miles from my house there is a hidden Christmas tree farm where they grow these things. The guy who owns the place and cut down my tree (they cut down the trees, but reuse the stump to grow a new tree or two in the coming years) has lived there for over 50 years.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com

Connoisseur

We have always gone out and picked out then cut down our tree for Christmas. We keep losing tree farmers though. Our first one had been in business for about 35 years. Since then we've had to change tree farms every year, they keep quitting business for various reasons.

This year was the first time I actually didn't cut the tree myself (they followed us and cut it ). They had a Christmas tree shaker, which we hadn't experienced before, and Mia (my daughter) got hot chocolate and a cookie, which made her think this was the best tree experience ever.

The only effect bourbon has had so far is that it numbs the pricking of the needles as we are putting on orniments. EC 12 seems to fit in with the tree trimming experience the best.

About our third time out getting a tree in the wilds, my wife spotted one she had to have. I explained it was much bigger than it looked out in the wide open. We hauled the tree home, Somehow managed to get it in the door and it ate up have of our dining room. Since then, she's trusted my recommendation on the size of our trees.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska View Post
    We have always gone out and picked out then cut down our tree for Christmas. We keep losing tree farmers though. Our first one had been in business for about 35 years. Since then we've had to change tree farms every year, they keep quitting business for various reasons.

This year was the first time I actually didn't cut the tree myself (they followed us and cut it ). They had a Christmas tree shaker, which we hadn't experienced before, and Mia (my daughter) got hot chocolate and a cookie, which made her think this was the best tree experience ever.

The only effect bourbon has had so far is that it numbs the pricking of the needles as we are putting on orniments. EC 12 seems to fit in with the tree trimming experience the best.

About our third time out getting a tree in the wilds, my wife spotted one she had to have. I explained it was much bigger than it looked out in the wide open. We hauled the tree home, Somehow managed to get it in the door and it ate up have of our dining room. Since then, she's trusted my recommendation on the size of our trees.

Your wife is Chevy Chase...