Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: Your Favorite Bottle before you had a pour.

You all have great taste in whiskey bottles! The BTAC bottles rock.

I like the Elijah Craig Bottle a lot. Also, the OGD 114 bottle. And they both have a neck is big enough to keep change in.

The Bulleit bottle reminds me of the old, weathered bottles I sometimes found around old Nebraska farm house foundations when I was a kid.

The only thing I don't like about the Saz Jr bottle is that it is mostly empty and I won't be able to replace it any time soon. Sigh.

Oh, and the WT bottle is close to my heart, mostly because of the bourbon in it. It was always my special occation bourbon in my youth. The WT stamp in the glass is nice, too.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Disciple

My vote goes for JB rye. It lights up the whole room. If I go only for practical use 2 of my bottles I brought home from Kentucky in the fall take the price. WT 101 and Forester 100 that both came in plastic bottles with plastic screw cap. That is a couple of bottles worth the year of 2006.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I agree with Ed. My Saz Jr. bottle also has the defect of a rapidly descending fill line.

The Charter 12 also has a nice, retro bottle.

Enthusiast

How can you fail to dig the Saz Jr. bottle? That's just about a perfect bottle, down to the white letters on the glass itself.

Another great bottle without a paper label is the WTRR101.

The Dickel bottles, especially the No. 12, appeal to me. So too Old Talyor and Ancient Ancient Age. Of the labels I've only seen here on SB.com, I love the look of the Cream of Kentucky bottle.

I may try Blanton's some day, but not because of the bottle. That's too precious a presentation for me.

Disciple

I must really like the Blanton's bottle. I have never thrown one away. They are starting to take up some room...

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Connoisseur

Talking Re: Your Favorite Bottle before you had a pour.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    I must really like the Blanton's bottle. I have never thrown one away. They are starting to take up some room...

Ed
    I am with you. If the opening were just a little larger.....I had thought about using them as candy dishes.....my wife thought otherwise. Now they are beginning to crowd the bottles in my cabinet that still have a fill line showing. Just can't seem to bring myself to tossing them though.

Also, I like the shape and simple elegance of the BTAC bottles as well as the fact they take up less shelf space (just make sure there is enough space above them though). However, due to my recent experience with breaking a full, unopened one, I have found how unwieldy/unsteady they can be if bumped slightly. That is the only problem with the BTAC bottles and it can be a fatal one at times - especially for a stumblebum like me!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
    I'd give Blanton's a thumbs up, very unique. Kid wants the horse.
    I've got to remember that..."Honest dear, I only bought it because the kids want the horse."

I'd also add Rock Hill Farms. Its often the bottle I give as a gift to someone new to bourbon. Very classy packaging with a great pour inside.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I'd also add Rock Hill Farms. Its often the bottle I give as a gift to someone new to bourbon.
    I guess I'm way passed being new to Bourbon, but if there's any room on your "A" list...................
    ___Bobby Cox___

May you have wonderful things thought of to do...

Apprentice

Rock Hill Farms, Ridgemont, and Eagle Rare. All are quite different from each other but caught my eye.
    Never trust a gin drinker.

Taster

I think I've stated this before or may have even started a thread on this, but my all time fav is the Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year squat bottle. Not so much for the bottle itself, but for the label. Best label I've ever seen hands down!