Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Cool Re: Your Favorite Bottle before you had a pour.

It has occured to me that we do like many bottles.

The Blantons is still the best when the bartender fails to locate it, Look for the Horse.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur

Re: Your Favorite Bottle before you had a pour.

I am going to have to vote for the BTAC collection bottles here as well. I also adore the ORVW bottles, you know the little "squat" ones.

Virtuoso

Another vote for the Saz Jr. and BTAC bottles... also, on the other side of the aisle, Aberlour A'Bunadh is a nice old-timey bottle.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by lar03 View Post
    Speaking strictly about a bottle that drew me in without ever having tasted the contents, I would have to say Evan Williams SB. This had nothing to do with the bottle shape, or the way it looked, but everything to do with what it said on it. This was the first time I had ever heard of any SB, and I was impressed by the fact that it was signed and dated on the date it was bottled. It made me feel like I was holding something special.
    During a mid-party emergency, a couple of weeks ago in NJ, pre SB.com, I grabbed that same bottle of EW, having never tried it before, just for the shape of the bottle and the hand written bottling dates on back.

My favorite bottle shape is Blantons. I loved the bottle for Woodford Reserve before I tasted it. It was a huge disappointment for me.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com

Virtuoso

Smile Re: Your Favorite Bottle before you had a pour.

Being the fairly simple man I am, have to second the earlier reply about EWSB. Also, I have always favored the old 'barrel' shaped bottles common to ORVW offerings and Eagle Rare 101.

Connoisseur

I really enjoy the tall clean look...of the bottles I have GT Stagg or Saz would get my vote. I also like the look of Bulliet (and the contents as well).
    Todd

Bookers was the first bottle I purchased due to the packaging (and because I had a friend who sold it to me cheap!), and I was intrigued by the fact it came in the wooden box (before it had the perspex.) I was more intrigued by the proof of it, and back then it was a moral dilemma, too good to mix, too strong to drink straight.
    My favourite bottles that I have would be my Wild Turkey 17 bottle, and then the BTAC/Blantons bottles. I also love the Saz Jr bottle, but dont have any yet (but I hope to change that soon)

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

I’m going to have to go with the BTAC bottles. They’re simple, tall, and elegant looking with their thick glass bottoms and minimal labeling/printing on the front. Bottles similar in shape to wine bottles such as the ones used for the BMH. PVW, and Bookers (The wooden box is also pretty cool and comes in handy once the bottle is removed.) bottlings are also quite nice but the BTAC bottles are nicer and more unique as they refuse to allow themselves to sit on the same shelf with my other bottles because of their slightly higher than normal height.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

I also like Henry Mckenna....not the single Barrel, the cheaper one...not a bad looking bottle at all.
    Todd