Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ezra B. single barrel 12yr.

I pick up a bottle of this a few months back and while I don't have any specific "notes" on it, it was rich and complex and entirely enjoyable. I should have taken the time to post my opinion when I was drinking mine;sorry.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by toddinjax View Post
    I pick up a bottle of this a few months back and while I don't have any specific "notes" on it, it was rich and complex and entirely enjoyable. I should have taken the time to post my opinion when I was drinking mine;sorry.
    Well, seeing as how the older reviews of this product are somewhat negative, and the newer reviews quite positive, perhaps it may be reasonable to assume there may have been a bit of a "learning curve" on the distiller's part with this product?

I'm seriously considering picking up a bottle of it on my way to the cigar shop. With a price tag in the mid-$20's range, I suppose it's not really that big a risk-- if I don't like it, I can always find a 2L bottle of Pepsi to pour it in!

Now, I'm not exactly the most experienced of tasters, but I will try to post some tasting notes in the proper sub-forum.
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    Well, seeing as how the older reviews of this product are somewhat negative, and the newer reviews quite positive, perhaps it may be reasonable to assume there may have been a bit of a "learning curve" on the distiller's part with this product?

I'm seriously considering picking up a bottle of it on my way to the cigar shop. With a price tag in the mid-$20's range, I suppose it's not really that big a risk-- if I don't like it, I can always find a 2L bottle of Pepsi to pour it in!

Now, I'm not exactly the most experienced of tasters, but I will try to post some tasting notes in the proper sub-forum.
    Possibly the cause of the disparity is that some of the older tasters are comparing it to the discontinued 15yo. I believe that the 12 pales in comparison to that bottling, but for the price, the 12yo is not much of a risk, and a fine pour. The mid $20 price range is a great one to sample from, as there a lot of fine bottlings to be had.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile