Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh My RYE!!!

Taster

Angry Oh My RYE!!!

It was destined to happen. I had taken it for granted 1 too many times. The Baby Saz finally broke up on me. I had it in the front floorboard of my truck, double bagged, next to a 175 of WLW SR 7 y/o... The baby is too fragile to roll around with the big bottle...

Luckily my winter floor mats kept 85% of it from getting in the floor. I decided to get creative with my sadness and dead bottle of rye on my hands... check out my pics of despair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." -Mark Twain

Shaggy,
    I feel your pain. I will have one minutes silence for your fallen soldier.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Advanced Taster
    As the old saying goes "Don't cry over spilled milk it could have been whisky". Time to put the knife back in the block now.

bj

Connoisseur

Fallen Soldier...

ATTENTION TO AWARD!!

The purple heart is hereby awarded post-humously to Sazerac Rye Jr. He suffered his fatal wound while completeing his mission, and returning home. Saz Jr, you are not forgotten.

*TAPS*

This concludes the ceremonies, feel free to pay last respects.

Carry on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Virtuoso

Unhappy Re: Oh My RYE!!!

I have suffered an even greater loss......a 2005 Saz 18 as a result of leaving it in the wrong place one time too many. Actually, it happened Thanksgiving weekend. It has taken me this long to be able to even talk about it. My error occured while rearranging the bunker. Had bottles everywhere on the floor and left that one out of position. The next morning I was moving a plant out of the way in the room and one branch was big enough to bump it over. Wonderful 18YO Rye speading out over the floor amidst broken glass! First emotion was explosive anger soon followed by great sadness......nearly brought me to tears off & on for days. Only myself and the plant to blame. I decided to not cut my wrists but the green plant suffered the fate of a 17 degree overnight temperature death soon afterwards. It is out beside the storage room now.....brown & dead.....a grim reminder each morning & evening of the death of a great bottle.

Still makes me sick in the gut! It was a 1 and only bottle! Picked it up in east Tennessee last summer while on vacation. None to be found anywhere now.

Disciple

Re: Oh My RYE!!!

My heartfelt condolences.

I think the only thing you can do is go buy the best bottle you can, don't get something out of the bunker, and drink it in your Saz 18 2005's memory. In your state of mind, I wouldn't advise going on a bender, but drink that bottle up without undue haste. Oh, and get rid of that plant.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Guru

. . . or become a vegetarian.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Taster

I left that broken bottle laying on my back porch for about 2 weeks and it reminded me every morning when I went to work and came home about breaking that bottle. I had about 5 people see it and ask what happened. My wife finally tossed it in the recycle bin when I wasn't home one day. I came home and asked where it had gone. She said it was time to stop grieving and put this behind me. I have yet yo buy another bottle of Baby Saz. I think the fear of breaking it is still there. Next time I am going to treat it like an egg while transporting it!
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." -Mark Twain

Connoisseur

Unhappy Re: Oh My RYE!!!

I lost a Pappy 23! I told my story in a thread in the past, but can't find it right now. I seriously almost broke down in tears!

Guru

Do you mean this one?

BTW, how's the car smell by now?

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,