Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 bucks

50 bucks

found a new liquor store that has a tremendous selection, own barrel of ETL, all WT, some PVW RHF, you name it. Im going with 50 bucks how should I spend it. The best single bottle, 2 mids what do you think, Remember i am a noob and have had only a handful of some of the midshelfers.

Advanced Taster

Re: 50 bucks

Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel & ETL would be good choices for a total of under $50. William Larue Weller or PVW 15 year would be great single bottle choices under $50...

Enthusiast

I would certainly go for two mid priced bottles.

Chris

Connoisseur

If I only had fifty bucks, go for value. As much variety as you can get as well. ETL and ER101 get my vote.

Guru

Depending on prices in your area this might put you just above $50. But I would recommend WT RB (a very good rye heavy bourbon) and Old Weller Antique (a wheater, and a damn good bargain for the 17 bucks in my neck of the woods.)

Advanced Taster

for fifty bux, i'd go with PVW 15 and heavan hill 10yr. a daily pour, and a sunday whiskey
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by straightwhiskeyruffneck View Post
    for fifty bux, i'd go with PVW 15 and heavan hill 10yr. a daily pour, and a sunday whiskey

How much is PVW15 in Wyoming? It is $50-$60 here, if you can even find it here...

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by upstate View Post
    found a new liquor store that has a tremendous selection, own barrel of ETL, all WT, some PVW RHF, you name it. Im going with 50 bucks how should I spend it. The best single bottle, 2 mids what do you think, Remember i am a noob and have had only a handful of some of the midshelfers.
    As someone "new" to bourbon, I would suggest a couple of mid shelfers. And then, a couple of more and a couple more, until you just can't stand it any longer and just Have to get one of those top shelfers. And if you just Have to, skip straight to the big boys!

Have fun!

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Left with pvw lot b 12 yo. and $10 in my pocket. This is my first pvw, dont see a lot on the site about though. post my thoughts when I get a chance to taste.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser View Post
    Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel & ETL would be good choices for a total of under $50. William Larue Weller or PVW 15 year would be great single bottle choices under $50...

Sinc your a newbie, I'd go for two bottles. The ones above wpuld be great choices. If you want more of a contrast, substitute Old Grand Dad 114 for the ER.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."