Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Bourbon Christmas

Anyone get any cool stuff?

I got Cecil's book and the VanWinkle book.

Guru

Re: Bourbon Christmas

I too got the Cecil book as well as Chuck's book which up till now eluded me.

The big surprise was the complete '06 Antique Collection along with a bottle of Saz Jr. from my dear wife. Hard to find in these here parts.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Advanced Taster

the four guys that work for me got me: woodford, evan S.B, ezra 12 S.B, and ridgemont res. i feel kinda bad cuz i didnt get them nothin'
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    I too got the Cecil book as well as Chuck's book which up till now eluded me.

The big surprise was the complete '06 Antique Collection along with a bottle of Saz Jr. from my dear wife. Hard to find in these here parts.
    Does she have a sister??!!??!!??
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

I got a bottle of Blanton's from my grandmother, which is good for 2 reasons.
    1) It's a bottle of Blanton's.
    2) There's only one store I know of in Australia that sells it, and it's in another state!

Good work on her part!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

My dear wife gave me a gorgeous crystal decanter. Filled it with a recently purchased bottle of FR SB (intended for New Year's Eve). Neighbors stopped by. Emptied said decanter. Going shopping today.

God I love the holidays!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Post Re: Bourbon Christmas

I got nothing bourbon-related. Although, I am considering going out and getting a bottle or two of the OFBB 2006, which is surprisingly available at Alabama ABC. It is the first interesting new bourbon I have seen them stock in many months.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur

I didn’t get any bourbon but my brother got me a box of snifters. It’s sitting on the shelf next to the box of Fantome saison glasses I bought a while back. Now, unless I become extremely clumsy, I will always have a proper glass for my two favorite beverages. I thought I was getting the Van Winkle book but no dice…
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Advanced Taster

Being an employer, I received a lot of alchohol from my staff (hidden agenda?). Unfortunately, Chambord, Lemoncellio, Vodka, wine; all gift sets. However, last year my wife gave me a set of Riedel Bourbon glasses; that present still gets used almost everyday. I did get some rocks glasses, but as nice as they are don't compete with the Riedel.

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Jon got a bottle of Old Rip 12 yr old and a bottle of Van Winkle Family Reserve 18 yr old. He wanted a goofy looking bicycle, which I did not buy. I failed again!

Dawn