Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rittenhouse 21 Single Barrel Which of 31

I just got my 2007 edition of Jim Murray's Whisky Bible.
    He praised Rittenhouse Very Rare Single Barrel 21 Year Old and gave it a rating of 91.1 out of 100.
    He mentioned that the quality of the whiskey varied from barrel to barrel and therefore bottle to bottle.He then went on to give a summary of each individual bottling of all 31 barrels!!
    I have a bottle from barrel 22,rated at 89.
    My question: are all 31 barrels bottled and in the market,or only 1 or 2 or how many and which ones? Since they vary in rating from 87 to 96, I'd be curious about which barrels are in the stores and if all of them are,where were they distributed?
    Anyone have any info?

Hare from Madison

Disciple

Re: Rittenhouse 21 Single Barrel Which of 31

Quote Originally Posted by hare View Post
    I just got my 2007 edition of Jim Murray's Whisky Bible.
    He praised Rittenhouse Very Rare Single Barrel 21 Year Old and gave it a rating of 91.1 out of 100.
    He mentioned that the quality of the whiskey varied from barrel to barrel and therefore bottle to bottle.He then went on to give a summary of each individual bottling of all 31 barrels!!
    I have a bottle from barrel 22,rated at 89.
    My question: are all 31 barrels bottled and in the market,or only 1 or 2 or how many and which ones? Since they vary in rating from 87 to 96, I'd be curious about which barrels are in the stores and if all of them are,where were they distributed?
    Anyone have any info?

Hare from Madison
    Were did you get the 2007 edition? I have not even got the 2006 yet.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Connoisseur

What did he rate barrel 10 at?
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Connoisseur

All of the barrels are currently out in circulation I believe. I think that Bettye jo may be able to provide some more information on this subject.

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Jeremy,

I did see a pallet in WLD before shut down but it may have been shipped by now

Rittenhouse 21 was shipped to: California, New York, Illinois, Indiana, Texas and Florida. They have shipped some to England and made a few extra shipments for special requests.

Rittenhouse 21 year straight rye is a Heaven Hill Distilleries product.

This thread ---> http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=5537 tells more of the story.

By the way...

I have bottle #33 from barrel #2.

Bettye Jo

Quote Originally Posted by FlashPuppy View Post
    All of the barrels are currently out in circulation I believe. I think that Bettye jo may be able to provide some more information on this subject.

While we do not have the Rittenhouse 21 in Middle Tennessee yet, the standard Rittenhouses finally appeared last week, and their distributor has listed the 21yo for future distribution -- he just doesn't know when.
    Tim

Good to see some feedeback on my quests.To reply to some of the replys:

Leif,I got my copy from Jims web site.I know that various other places carry it like Amazom,but you could get burnt by them sending an old copy as I have in the past,so its easiest going to the source.By the way ,you can be proud of your homeland.Whisky Bible 07 gave Swedens Mackmyra Preludium the award for Best European Mainland Whisky of the Year!

Mark/Nebraska,barrel 10 was rated:Nose 25,Taste 24,Finish 22, Balance 22,so an overall rate of 93.Short comment was:"Complex,sweet."

Bettye Jo,barrel 2 rated 89 overall. Nose 24,Taste 23, Finish 20, Balance 22.
    Short comment was:"Dryer,oakier."

Connoisseur

wow...cool

I got bottle #1, #2 and #3 out of barrel #10.
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Taster

If you don't mind, I'm curious how barrel 9 rated?

-tia

Can anyone that has a copy of the 2007 Whiskey Bible tell me what # a few of the higher rated barrels of Rittenhouse 21 are please?

I am about to purchase one, and want to try and get one of the higher rated ones, if possible.

Cheers!!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra