Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambernecter View Post

I will have to check one day if there are any hairs on her chest!

Oh man...
    Now that's just plain disgusting and pretty damn funnyat the same time!
    I just about shot a mouthful of Lot B thru my nose!

Guru

Finishing my second glass of '05 Saz 18. I may move on to a bit of Weller Antique 107 for a nice contrast.

Advanced Taster

EW1783. Picked up a bottle because Mr. Cowdery wrote in another thread HH was to do something with the label (maybe drop the 10-year designation)? How pathetic is that--buy a bottle over some labeling minutiae?

What a value this is! I paid $10.85 for this 750 ml bottle. It is medium bodied, hangs on the glass fairly well, is almost a little too sweet on the nose and palate (caramel, mint & vanilla) for my tastes, with a moderate to short finish. Its mildness reminds me of Dickel Barrel Select, perhaps because of its lower (86) proof. Going for my second pour this evening...
    Murf

"...A good bowl of Wheaties with bourbon can't be beat." Dizzy Dean, The Gashouse Gang, 1934.

Guru

EWSB '97. Bought this Saturday while in S.C. on a golf outing. I hadn't tried it before and for $20, it's a real fine pour.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Two generous pours of Handy, finishing off this bottle. I took the last sip as I was writing this. All in all, expensive as it was, I think it was well worth getting a second BTAC set. It'll probably get opened late this summer, so there will be some left when the '07 BTAC comes out...

Now, a pour of Fall '05 Stagg to round out the night...
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Connoisseur

I am about to go downstairs and watch The Departed...I think I shall enjoy Bookers with the movie tonight.

Last night it was Compulsion with WT RR 90 and Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12.

Todd

Having been bourbon-free since Sunday chat, I'm falling off the wagon in commemoration of the advent of the SB.com Pappy 23 barrels/bottling. Though I don't have a Pappy 23 open (I never bought the third issue after having purchased and drunk through bottles of the initial two), I've poured a generous dollop of the nearest thing I have, a Pappy 20.
    Good stuff, this.
    Tim

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    Having been bourbon-free since Sunday chat, I'm falling off the wagon in commemoration of the advent of the SB.com Pappy 23 barrels/bottling. Though I don't have a Pappy 23 open (I never bought the third issue after having purchased and drunk through bottles of the initial two), I've poured a generous dollop of the nearest thing I have, a Pappy 20.
    Good stuff, this.
    Tim,
    I, too, have had a couple bottles of Pappy 23. It's good but I do not think it is worth the price in comparison to the 20 y/o. As such, I will not participate in the Van Winkle 23 barrel buy. However, there are plenty of souls who will.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Yup...I'm interested and celebrating with a Pappy 23! Good timing....the bottle we have is almost empty

Dawn

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by T47 View Post
    I am about to go downstairs and watch The Departed...I think I shall enjoy Bookers with the movie tonight.
    What a great combination ! I found myself reaching for the higher proof with that flick, too. With the violence and language I just felt like a heavier pour.

As stupid as it sounds, I sometimes contemplate the "perfect pour" for a particular movie I'm going to watch .
    Murf

"...A good bowl of Wheaties with bourbon can't be beat." Dizzy Dean, The Gashouse Gang, 1934.