Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)

Quote Originally Posted by full_proof View Post
    As stupid as it sounds, I sometimes contemplate the "perfect pour" for a particular movie I'm going to watch .
    Not stupid at all! It is just another way to enjoy a fine drink. In this case the pour was better than the movie.
    Probably belongs in a different thread...The Departed, Best Film of 2006? For a variety of reasons...not in my book! The best part of the film for me, was relaxing with the Bookers.

Todd

Virtuoso

I'm starting out with ETL tonight, and ER101 is up next...
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Taster

It seemed appropriate to toast VCU with Four Roses Single Barrel.

Advanced Taster

Oh jeez... I'll admit it. I'm enjoying a Laphroaig 10 yr. Between the 'love it' or 'hate it' groups, I belong to the 'absolutely love it' crowd. I have long scoffed at single malt Scotch as overrated and overpriced. But recently I have caved and am resigned to enjoying this stuff for what it is. And it's positively wonderful! I'm about to shift gears, though, and return to my other true love.... Buffalo Trace. Who says that you can't serve two masters!

Kevin

Novice

Hi all, first timer here, also new to bourbon I guess you could say im a Scotch kinda guy, but im always open to new things and I think im going to enjoy sinking my tastebuds into some good bourbons, Today I purchased two bottles Woodford Reserve & Elijah Craig 12yo, this all came about after talking to a friend on my cell from the liq-store, I was asking him about Irish whiskies when he told me that he was now into bourbons, he suggested Old Crow and that sounded fine to me, but when I looked and seen one lonely plastic bottle, covered in dust with the label hanging by a thread I was thinking im not going to enter the world of bourbons with this very scary looking bottle of booze, so there it stayed. After doing some research and alot of reading I decided to drink the Woodfords with a splash of water and a tall glass of ice water on the side, very nice after 3 drinks im about ready to vacuum the cat ( just kidding cat lovers ) Im looking forward to trying all the different bourbons, I think next time i'll try Coke or Ginger Ale as my chaser, water can be so boring, so for me tonights drink was WFR and I gotta tell ya, I feel as fuzzy as a kitten, and im a guy, remember no matter what the cost enjoy your bourbon for what it is, don't dislike it for what it isn't,,,WOW did I just say that. 'Night All' Mark

Guru

Last night, opened a fresh bottle of Pappy 15. That was a new pour for me and I have to say, I fell in love with it. I have a bottle of 20 year but have not opened it yet so can't compare.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

First pour: Wiser's 10yo Canadian
    Second pour: VSOF 12yo
    Now: off to Islay, with some Ardbeg 10yo. A nice dram for a chilly night.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

I drank a 22 oz. PBR early in the evening. Later I drank a Speyburn 10 yr Highland single malt Scotch. I wrapped up by opening a bottle of EC12 which I purchased reduced to 17.25 today, my introduction to that particular bourbon; I find it very good, especially the finish which I would describe as licorice.

Advanced Taster

ORVW 15yr, aw yeah.
    Ben

Grain on the Brain

Guru

Started with some BMH 16. Then a friend who likes Canadian joined us for dinner. Opened a recently-purchased bottle of Forty Creek in his honor. Great stuff!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."