Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

Hard to Find Bourbon

Just out of curiosity, I've been looking for the ORVW 10 and 15 year 107 proof bourbon and have not been able to find it anywhere. I live in VA and they definately do not have it. I've looked at Binny's and they don't carry it. InternetWine.com did carry it but they are listed as out of stock. Anybody have a lead on how to get these two bourbons shipped in? Much appreciated.
    Greg

Taster

Re: Hard to Find Bourbon

I've encountered the 10/107 in a couple of shops in MD...just not near VA. Not being Stitzel-Weller whiskey, it just hasn't been on my radar much.

Are you specifically looking for ORVW 15/107? I thought that the Pappy 15 (at 107) basically supplants that version?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by oldironstomach View Post
    ...Are you specifically looking for ORVW 15/107? I thought that the Pappy 15 (at 107) basically supplants that version?
    'Struth -- the ORVW15/107 hasn't been bottled for 2 years or more, and will not be again. So, there is no more in the distribution chain (other than overlooked stock), so you have to find it on unsearched shelves.
    Tim

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I run into the 10yr from time to time. It's still out there. But, I can't remember the last time I saw the ORVW15, although I have read here of those who have seen caches of it around.
    JOE

Taster

Binny's does have the ORVW 10 year. I saw both 90 and 107 proof bottles on their shelves 10 days ago. In fact, I picked up a 107.

Connoisseur

The 15/107 is around, but is depleting fast. Probably from all the hunters out there like myself snatching out the remaining bottles! I have found 7 so far in my hunting. 4 of which I used to trade with another member here. I have 2 bottles in my bunker and one opened left. The 2 in my bunker are from the original place they distilled this stuff (i think Lawrenceburg), but I am not 100% sure on that.

With that said if I ever run into more I will post it here for trade.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Vange View Post
    The 15/107 is around, but is depleting fast. Probably from all the hunters out there like myself snatching out the remaining bottles! I have found 7 so far in my hunting. 4 of which I used to trade with another member here. I have 2 bottles in my bunker and one opened left. The 2 in my bunker are from the original place they distilled this stuff (i think Lawrence burg), but I am not 100% sure on that.

With that said if I ever run into more I will post it here for trade.

It's S-W bourbon. Julian Van Winkle III BOTTLED it at his old Lawernceburg operation. He never distilled there.

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

The ORVW 10/90 and 10/107 are still produced and can occasionally be found on the shelf here in Texas. It's no longer made with SW whiskey. The ORVW 15/107 was replaced by Pappy 15 and is currently SW whiskey.....but not for long. This summer's bottling (2007) will likely be the last from SW unless Julian holds some back and ages it longer or tanks it to stop the ageing.

As others have said, you occasionally find older bottles of these two on the shelves. Just recently our local distributor found multiple cases of 10/107 bottled in L'Burg......meaning its SW whiskey inside. I think I've bought two cases so far!

Randy

Taster

Thumbs up Re: Hard to Find Bourbon

I really think you should share!!!

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ripvanfan View Post
    I really think you should share!!!
    I willing to bet that Randy did share!