Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Hard to Find Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    The ORVW 10/90 and 10/107 are still produced and can occasionally be found on the shelf here in Texas. It's no longer made with SW whiskey. The ORVW 15/107 was replaced by Pappy 15 and is currently SW whiskey.....but not for long. This summer's bottling (2007) will likely be the last from SW unless Julian holds some back and ages it longer or tanks it to stop the ageing.

As others have said, you occasionally find older bottles of these two on the shelves. Just recently our local distributor found multiple cases of 10/107 bottled in L'Burg......meaning its SW whiskey inside. I think I've bought two cases so far!

Randy
    Randy,

Is the ORVW 15 a SW product? I know you can get ORVW 10/107 but the recent bottles are a BT product. What about the 15 year?

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    The ORVW 15/107 was replaced by Pappy 15 and is currently SW whiskey.....but not for long. This summer's bottling (2007) will likely be the last from SW unless Julian holds some back and ages it longer or tanks it to stop the aging.

Randy
    I think he already answered that

Dawn

Guru

My bad. I'm sick and on drugs so not thinking (or seeing) clearly.

Tell a friend-- why is the van winkle 15 107 in such demand? I think I know where I can get some.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstuff View Post
    Tell a friend-- why is the van winkle 15 107 in such demand? I think I know where I can get some.
    Ok, where can you get some? They don't carry it in VA (at least not the ORWV, I've seen PVW 20 on rare ocassions).

Connoisseur

SS, the ORVW15/107 is in high demand for a few reasons.

1) Never to be made again in that squat bottle
    2) It's ALL SW whisky
    3) It's affordable
    4) Most importantly, it's a great bourbon!

Taster

...and
    5) 2007 is the last year any SW whiskey will be truly 15 years old, counting from the distillery's 1992 demise.
    Dave

Taster

Have seen a few bottles left of the ORVW-15yr around here in Rochester. Premier in Buffalo on the other hand is loaded with it last I checked.... saw 2+ cases on the shelves.

If I may inquire, where in Rochester did you see it? Here in Syracuse, the well is pretty much dry for any upper-end bourbon.

Guru

Update - my purchases

Ok, so I'm back from the warm weather of the caribbean and now back in VA where it's a balmy 35 degrees.

I did some major shopping while in St. Maarten as well as some purchases in San Juan and St. Thomas, but the bulk of my purchases was St. Maarten where the prices are still very cheap. Here's a list of what I bought along with a photo.....

Macallan 18 year
    Balvenie 15 year
    Bruichladdich 15 year
    Edradour - port and marsalis 10 year (not pictured)
    Four Roses Yellow Label
    WT 8 Year (not pictured)
    Blantons Silver
    Blantsons Gold
    Blantons SFTB
    Bacardi 8 year
    Bacardi 12 year Special Reserve (only sold at the Bacardi Distillery)
    Bushmills 16 year malt

I Found a well stocked liquor store in Phillipsburg St. Maarten. The very nice thing about this store is that you could sample just about every product sold. So, in making my selections, I was able to sample before buying. I bought the Edradour because the sample I tried was so fabulous I had to buy two bottles and because SB folks had suggested I purchase some cask strength Scotch. Same thing with the Bruichladdich. Even though I planned on buying the Blantons, I tried the Gold (103) and found it to be a wonderful pour. I purchased 2 silver, 2 gold and 3 SFTB. I consider this trip very fruitful.

Thanks to all that provided some input and suggestions....those influenced some of my purchasing decisions.

Cheers/Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ggilbertva; 02-11-2007 at 14:35.