Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Re: Where do you most enjoy drinking your favorite bourbon and why?

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    1) Dawn's House - Great bourbon and great friends

2) My hot tub - Great bourbon and great wife (probably should put this number 1, but since my wife doesn't read the board and I currently don't have an open Pappy 20 Dawn's is #1 <G>)

3) At my computer during Thursday and Sunday chats - great bourbon and great conversation

1) My house with friends
    2) Bettye Jo's house - on her deck with Dane cooking his ravioli
    3) Gazebo - mostly because of the company
    4) General Nelson - again, mostly because of the company
    5) Rancastle's house outside by the firepit!

It's All Good

Dawn

Taster

I have two perfect rooms in my house where much bourbon is enjoyed. The first is an enclosed porch that over looks the lake. It's completely made of wood left over from several jobs with mahogany on the ceiling, floor, wainscoating, trim and oak on the upper walls. It's very rich and warm and I installed an old victorian gas fireplace. A victorian gentleman's chair, several gothic chairs, old wooden desk and a mahogany bookcase, filled with nautical and iceboating books, are the furnishings. The room is filled with toys, including two old rifles, a civil war revolver, Japanese Nambu, African blow-gun, RC sailboat, 1938 Evenrude Elto Pal, metal detector, my riverboat captain's uniforms, many of my house designs framed and a dozen framed old post cards of Bantam Lake, to name a few things and of course an old bee-hive radio. The other room is an enclosed back porch, connected to the dining room, that over looks the back yard. There is a large walnut center table, a rocker and a large hand carved teak chair from Indonesia, carved for Oscar Hammerstein II son. I also installed another victorian gas fireplace against the tiled opening of a victorian mantel. I keep my favorite bourbons on top of the mantle displayed with several glasses. This is the greatest spot to watch the snow falling outside, listen to music and sip a fine bourbon late at night. Why... because as most SB members have...a selection of bourbons at home that local bars and spirit shops could only dream about during a full moon let alone supply..."Pappy who?? " "We have JD!" To put it in another perspective the local chew and choke gets $5 for a shot of MM or $125/bottle + tip and to twist the knife more they get the same for JBWhite...Hold on let me pour another PVW20...wait for it...oh yeah there we go didn't spill a drop and it was only $3.50.

I do not have a drinking problem.

Disciple

Well, Empty Glass, one thing is sure, you don't have a problem finding a nice place to drink!

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Taster

Ed,
    If you wern't in Japan I'd invite you over!

Connoisseur

1. My favorite place to enjoy bourbon is the bar I built in my house. The selection is great, the price is right, I love the atmosphere, 3 TV's, good music.

2. The next place I enjoy it is a fine little jazz bar in Saratoga NY, 9 Maple. If any of you ever get to Saratoga, look it up.

Enthusiast

I have a dark-pannelled basement that sports a full bar and a couple of thousand jazz records. The walls are covered with paintings I've done of smoky nightclub scenes. Sipping a bourbon while listening to Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane or Bill Evans is a simply perfect way to relax and unwind.

Anywhere friends and fellow bourbonistas gather. Why? See 'friends and fellow(s)'.
    Tim

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by brian12069 View Post
    1. My favorite place to enjoy bourbon is the bar I built in my house. The selection is great, the price is right, I love the atmosphere, 3 TV's, good music.
    "TV" and "good atmosphere" is an oxymoron.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JRomain View Post
    "TV" and "good atmosphere" is an oxymoron.
    It may be, but what mine says is "I Love" the atmosphere. This is about where I enjoy bourbon and why. Settle down Beavis...

Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Where do you most enjoy drinking your favorite bourbon and why?

At home after work. Helps get me over dealing with loony people all day. Either on my comp or in the command chair (big overstuffed recliner, everyone should have at least one). Best when the wife works late.
    Glass is empty, 'scuse pleese........