Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Disciple

Booker's vs Knob Creek

An interesting discussion has been taking place in the Newbie forum on whether Knob Creek and Booker's are basically the same whiskey, one uncut and the other cut. I suggest that you read the thread http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...9736#post79736

So, what do you all think? Has anyone cut Booker's to Knob Creek strenght and done a head to head? I think I did months ago and I think I found them to be different. I need to do it again to be sure. If you haven't and you have both bottles how about giving it a go?

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: Booker's vs Knob Creek

I have had both these a few times in recent weeks and months.

They are similar, but Booker's seems "cleaner" and more concentrated in taste. Knob Creek seems more like a batch-made product to me by which I mean it is either made like a bonded product is or even from distillations of different seasons and years. It has a complexity, in a word, I don't find in Booker's.

As for age, Knob Creek seems older but not by that much.

Gary
    Last edited by Gillman; 01-21-2007 at 06:39.

Guru

The only point I was trying to make in the other thread regarding Knob Creek is that when I tried it cask strength, I found it to be very very good, in fact, much better than what they bottle. I made the comment to our tour guide that he should suggest a barrel strength Knob to his management.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Proof can make such a difference, a number of us sampled at proof strength a whiskey destined for Ridgemont Reserve 1792 and it was sensational.

Gary

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    The only point I was trying to make in the other thread regarding Knob Creek is that when I tried it cask strength, I found it to be very very good, in fact, much better than what they bottle. I made the comment to our tour guide that he should suggest a barrel strength Knob to his management.
    Now that is something I would support and by support I mean with my pocket book!

I like KC well enough but there is usualy something more interesting to spend my money on.