Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

New Gentleman Jack bottle

Jack Daniel's is introducing a new bottle for Gentleman Jack. Believe it or not, the GJ expression has been around for almost 20 years. (It was launched in 1988.) As I mentioned in another thread, they're going to have a 1.75 L, 1 L, 750 ml, 375 ml and 50 ml, but no 200 ml. I have asked why not and I'll let you know when I do.

The difference between Jack Black and GJ is that while Jack goes through the charcoal once, before it is barreled, GJ goes through again after it is dumped.

As I have said before, people will argue until the end of time about whether this improves or ruins the whiskey.

As you can see, the new bottle is pretty handsome and a big change from the old one. It should start to appear in stores in March.

The company emphasizes that nothing about the whiskey is changing, just the package, but if you want to bunker some of the old package before it goes away, now is the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Re: New Gentleman Jack bottle

I definitely prefer GJ to the regular JD. Seems more refined and drinkable.

The new bottle looks more elegant than the old. Seems like bourbon (and other spirits) are getting more and more like perfume every day ----- with much (perhaps most of the) time and effort spent on designing the packaging.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

I like Gentleman Jack. The new bottle looks great.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Brian, did you hear that David Lee Roth will re-join Van Halen for a big tour this summer?

Gary

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Brian, did you hear that David Lee Roth will re-join Van Halen for a big tour this summer?

Gary
    hahahaha...Yes I did...and I will be there faster than you can smash eggs with a snow shovel....

Disciple

I also think that Gentlemans Jack is the best in the JD line. I only wish it were about 90 proof. I think the new bottle looks great!

Thomas

Connoisseur

I prefer GJ over BJ, but it's splitting hairs. I don't even really like BJ and ciet coke that much. I prefer MM and diet or OGD and diet even more.

Thanks for the post Chuck, I had heard from a BF representative that there was a new GJ bottle, but had not seen it. They in the past, have made the bottle taller, shorter, fatter, and I think they've finally done it. The new one walks over the old! I am a bit of a fan of GJ, so I might start bunkering some of the old now......

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    I also think that Gentlemans Jack is the best in the JD line. I only wish it were about 90 proof. I think the new bottle looks great!

Thomas
    I agree 100%...would love to try it at 90 proof.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    Thanks for the post Chuck, I had heard from a BF representative that there was a new GJ bottle, but had not seen it. They in the past, have made the bottle taller, shorter, fatter, and I think they've finally done it. The new one walks over the old! I am a bit of a fan of GJ, so I might start bunkering some of the old now......

Scott
    With any other company I might caution that you may not get the same bottle there, but Brown-Forman is pretty consistent, with their American whiskey products, of selling the same product everywhere -- same package, same proof, etc.

Before someone else says it, I know the one big exception: Early Times, which is "Kentucky whisky" in the USA and bourbon whiskey elsewhere.