Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter/Spring '07

This may well happen, Tim.

With the lost (or shall we say, errant) Harper was a circa-1990 OF 1849 and a pint NDOT, purchased in the environs of the store where the Harper was found (next to a quart of black label Dickel with a metal screw cap but I left it because it had some evaporation).

However this may all have a happy ending, not in the way I intended, but in a different way.

We will see.

Gary

Today I got myself:

Jack Single Barrel
    Gentleman Jack
    Wild Turkey Rare Breed x 2
    Wild Turkey honey Liquer
    Woodford Reserve
    Baker's
    Basil Hayden's
    I got these for an absolute steal, I may go back for 2 more Gentleman Jacks and 2 bottles of Booker's tomorrow. There's also a bottle of Jim Beam Bonded hiding there somewhere, however today it could not be located

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Apprentice

Elmer T. Lee

Guru

Went looking for some BMH... cam ehome with Wathen's.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Apprentice

I bought some Buffalo Trace yesterday, and must say that I wasn't real impressed. It had, for a lack of a better term, an 'earthy' aftertaste. Not quite sure that is what I'm looking for. I still keep going back to Bulleit. Awesome bourbon for the price.

Connoisseur

A check of our WA. State Liquor site revealed some interesting bottles available here in WA. that I have never seen on our shelves. GT Stagg, William Larue Weller and Eagle Rare 17.
    I feel quite fortunate in that I picked up the last two bottles of Stagg for $51 each. The William Larue Weller is a 5-hour drive across the State so I am passing on that one.
    For any of you WA State folks interested, there is 1 bottle of ER 17 left in Federal Way and 2 in North Bend ($51).
    I will have to get to know my local Liquor Store manager a little better. I have been told by a couple folks at the stores I most visit, that GT Stagg was not a bottle I could order through them?
    I picked up a WL Weller 12 and Very Special Old Fitzgerald along with the 2 Staggs.
    All nice additions for my future consumption!

Todd

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by T47 View Post
    A check of our WA. State Liquor site revealed some interesting bottles available here in WA. that I have never seen on our shelves. GT Stagg, William Larue Weller and Eagle Rare 17.
    I feel quite fortunate in that I picked up the last two bottles of Stagg for $51 each. The William Larue Weller is a 5-hour drive across the State so I am passing on that one.
    For any of you WA State folks interested, there is 1 bottle of ER 17 left in Federal Way and 2 in North Bend ($51).
    I will have to get to know my local Liquor Store manager a little better. I have been told by a couple folks at the stores I most visit, that GT Stagg was not a bottle I could order through them?
    I picked up a WL Weller 12 and Very Special Old Fitzgerald along with the 2 Staggs.
    All nice additions for my future consumption!

Did you get the Stagg from the Fife store?
    Matt

"Until I cross that bourbon borderline...." - Gary Allan

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BrbnBorderline View Post
    Did you get the Stagg from the Fife store?
    Yes I did. I called them yesterday and had them hold a couple bottles for me. They had more than the 2 when I called, but by the time my buddy picked up my bottles for me this morning, the others were gone as well. The Federal Way store was already out of their supply.
    The manager of the Federal Way store told me to call back in 2 months and check, she expects to get more around then?
    The manager of the Store in Issaquah seems to be a good guy. He ordered up a case of the VW Lot B, which sold out in just a few days, and he has ordered some VW 15 as well. I will stop in next week and chat him up about some of these bottles and see if we can't get them ordered with some more regularity. He told me he would order the VW products as long as they moved...and they sure seemed to do that.
    Last edited by T47; 02-24-2007 at 22:58.
    Todd

2 x Booker's
    2 x Gentleman Jack
    1 x Canadian Club Classic

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I bought five whiskeys yesterday, all 750 ml bottles, ranging in price from $7.99 to $20.69., so a ratio of 2.6:1 without exceeding $21.

Old Fitzgerald BIB 13.99

The Fitz is DSP-1 stock. More on that later...
    Chuck,

I found and purchased a bottle of this for $13.00 just the other day also - distilled at DSP-1, bottled at DSP-31.
    Can you educate me (us) about this?

Also found and purchased several bottles of EWSB 1994 at $24 each.

~tp