Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Bought a bottle of Jameson 12 for St Paddy's day. It is lovely and one of the very best blended whisk(e)y's I have had. Absolutely smokes the NAS version!

  2. #32
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    768

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    Bought a bottle of Jameson 12 for St Paddy's day. It is lovely and one of the very best blended whisk(e)y's I have had. Absolutely smokes the NAS version!
    Agree 100%!!! There is really no comparison between the two. Jameson 12 is one of my new favorites...

  3. #33
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    I read an article yesterday that Irish Whisky sales were up 20% last year in the USA. Lead by Jameson's 23% sales gain.
    ovh

  4. #34
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    I read an article yesterday that Irish Whisky sales were up 20% last year in the USA. Lead by Jameson's 23% sales gain.
    Thats good, I really like irish whiskey. I am mainly a scotch drinker, but like irish to mix it up a bit.

  5. #35
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,106

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    Thats good, I really like irish whiskey. I am mainly a scotch drinker, but like irish to mix it up a bit.
    Interesting, where does bourbon fit? I hope, at least, somewhere in front of Vodka?

    JOE

  6. #36
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    768

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Interesting, where does bourbon fit? I hope, at least, somewhere in front of Vodka?

    JOE
    Are you kidding? Last I heard, vodka outsells all other spirits...

  7. #37
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Interesting, where does bourbon fit? I hope, at least, somewhere in front of Vodka?

    JOE
    Well, I have not developed a pallet for bourbon at this time. I am going to Whiskyfest next month and will try some bourbons and see if I can get to liking them

  8. #38
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,106

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    Well, I have not developed a pallet for bourbon at this time. I am going to Whiskyfest next month and will try some bourbons and see if I can get to liking them
    A great place to start your exploration of Bourbonia! I hope you'll share your thoughts on your discoveries, upon your return.



    JOE

  9. #39
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    233

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    I'm siding with Gary. I think the NAS is much better than the 12 yr. More flavor and balance. The NAS Jameson has improved significantly in recent years.

  10. #40
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Jameson Irish Whiskey

    Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    I'm siding with Gary. I think the NAS is much better than the 12 yr. More flavor and balance. The NAS Jameson has improved significantly in recent years.
    Actually, I think the NAS Jameson is younger whiskey these days, around 4 years old or so. I'll take the 12 year!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Any fans of Irish whiskey?
    By Ghoste in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 12:31
  2. Best bourbon for someone who likes Irish Whiskey?
    By wrbriggs in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 20:04
  3. Irish Whiskey Flight-Charlotte
    By pepcycle in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 14:54
  4. Irish Whiskey...what else!
    By Jono in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 22:04
  5. F. Paul Pacult on Irish Whiskey
    By texascarl in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2002, 05:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top