Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Collectors Corner. What you got?

I Started this Thread to see what is out there, and i always like to look at the whiskey's i can not afford. I hope that you can publish some nice photos of some rare "Nuggets.

I START... JUST TO GET THIS BIG WHISKEY TRAIN MOVING!

I start with a Bottle of 35 year old GLEN MHOR...The distillery died 1984. It is a Scottish High Lander...A box set with a large bottle, a mini bottle and a piece of the cask. Signatory vintage.... And of some reason that did not work because i have that photo in another post so i will post that one later.

I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU STRAIGHT AWAY, by giving you a photo of a bottle of The 15 YEAR OLD READBREAST. Most of you have seen,heard or tasted the 12 year old Readbreast....this one is much less common.

i Would love to try it but i have only one,so if any of you have tried any of the whiskys i display, please tell me what you thought about that whisky.

Glen Mhor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: Collectors Corner. What you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Mhor View Post

I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU STRAIGHT AWAY, by giving you a photo of a bottle of The 15 YEAR OLD READBREAST. Most of you have seen,heard or tasted the 12 year old Readbreast....this one is much less common.

i Would love to try it but i have only one,so if any of you have tried any of the whiskys i display, please tell me what you thought about that whisky.

Glen Mhor
    I have had the 15yo Redbreast. I too have a bottle, and like you I have only one, but Randy was kind enough to share his...

An amazing Irish with a body and flavor that the 12yo can't hold a candle to. Has to be one of the top 5 Irish I have had the pleasure of tasting.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

And here is the Bottle of GLEN MHOR i talked about earlier.

Here is ANOTHER Redbreast 12 year old botteled in the 1970's. take note of the different bottlestyle(almost like the baileys bottle). It retails for about 250-300 Euro a bottle ($400-500?). It was layed in Sherry casks due to the rapidly dying sherry trade(they had to many empty casks lying about and they were at the end of their life, but they still used them). I have tried this one and it was a bit to oily in character for my taste...but have a great historical value.

Glen Mhor

here is another one that i Love....Not A single Malt, but....oh so rare today....1st Edition of Chivas Imperial, 18 year old and 20 000 bottles was released. The year was around 1990..The guy infront of me, in the Que at the airport bought one and finished that bottle on the flight to the Bahamas... I did not drink mine....that was 18-19 years ago....he was very drunk as you can imagine!...lol

Glen Mhor

Enthusiast

Altough i`ve never tried Glen Mhor i`ve got his brother Glen Albyn 26 yo,a Millburn 25 yo,33 yo St.Magdalene,Oban Distillers choice 20 yo,some Port Ellens(my favorite)25,27,30,35 yo,the MacCallan re-creation serie,some special Islay editions a Lochside 25yo and the first Booker Noe bottling from 1988 and except that one they are all open.You can say i collect empty bottles at the end... .Slainthe.
    Eric.
    Netherlands

Mier!

Great stuff...i do not think i have tried one of them and i am druling as i am reading thru your impressive list of "nuggets"....i think i have to go to the pub to fill my desire now.....and i will blame you..haha

You said "they are all open"! I might go to Holland just to try them with you...ha ha Im shore it would be worth the travel and would make a good day out. (just joking)

Do you have any photos of them half full bottles?

Glen mhor

Disciple

Glen Mohr,
    I wanted to participate.....but I don't have one bottle of Irish or Scotch. Sorry!

Jeff Mo.

Enthusiast

Hi Glen Mhor , cead mile failte!Take that Redbreast with you.
    Eric.
    Netherlands

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I have a bottle of Bushmill's Millennium. I still haven't figured out why/how a 16yo distilled in 1975 wasn't released until 2000...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile