Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Virtuoso

Bourbon festival sampler

There's a thread with people making plans for this thing, but I didn't think that was right for this question.

What is it? What events are there? What distilleries participate?

The Bourbon Festival web site gives the dates for the sampler but I can't find any other information.

Enthusiast

Re: Bourbon festival sampler

I know what you mean. There's lots of talk about who's going, and how much fun it was, but it is tough to figure out that simple basic question, what the heck is it?

While the Bourbon Festival in September is a huge week long thing with a zillion people in town, the Sampler is a much smaller event. It is basically a couple hour party on Sat. night where most of the local distilleries come and pour samples. There is also food and music. You get to keep the free glasses. It is kind of cool, but not the main draw for me.

What it really is for StraightBourbon folks is an excuse to roll into Bardstown for a few days, tour some distilleries, and basically socialize with all the people you've 'met' online. And sample a lot of great Bourbon. Many people show up Wednesday or Thursday and take in all the local sights before the Sampler itself on Sat. night.

I came down for the Sampler last year and had a fantastic time. This year I'm hoping to attend the big festival in September and see what that's like.

Feel free to ask more specific questions, I'm sure you've got some.
    Mike

"You're the best bourbon drinkers ever!" - Margo (waitress at Bourbon's Bistro in Louisville)

Virtuoso

OK, so the Saturday night dinner is the official event, and that's $30 or so, samples and food included? If the food is even decent then that's a great deal.

I just moved to Louisville, so I can definitely make that and anything planned here for earlier on Saturday.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

The food at the Sampler is good but usually not plentiful. It typically runs out early, so if you want to eat, get there early and eat first.

Yes, everything is included.

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

The Sampler is the "official, kick off" to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival...It's out-grown the original host spot and was moved (last year) to a larger space to accomodate the crowd.

Each distillery "draws" for booth space (KBF Gala) at Jedico Hall.

A Distillery worker's young adult (high school senior) will recieve a scholarship.

Several nice door prizes are given to "ticket holders" throughout the night.

Bettye Jo

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    There's a thread with people making plans for this thing, but I didn't think that was right for this question.

What is it? What events are there? What distilleries participate?

The Bourbon Festival web site gives the dates for the sampler but I can't find any other information.
    Last edited by boone; 02-18-2007 at 15:23.