Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Taster

Goin' to Florida...

Hello all - Can I get any bourbons in Florida that I can't get in Illinois? I'll be there next week for about 6 days and I want someone to say I can get Four Roses there! Even if that's not possible is there anything available there that isn't here? Thanks!

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Re: Goin' to Florida...

Easy answer. No. Right now the Four Roses SB and Sm Batch are only available in KY. You have a much better bourbon selection in IL than I've ever seen in FL

Dawn

Advanced Taster

Where in Florida, if you don't mind me asking? It really depends on the market you visiting. The larger the market, or the more affluent area, the better chances you will have more selection or of spotting a hard-to-find bottling, or a top shelf brand. I frequent Destin in the panhandle where property values (and property taxes! ) are relatively high. The selection there is fair, as I've seen a variety of bourbons that are not available in Alabama or Georgia (excluding Atlanta--the selection there is much better). I've been able to find PVW in very limited supply, but no Maple Hill, probably because, as pointed out above, some bourbons distributions are merely regional.
    Murf

"...A good bowl of Wheaties with bourbon can't be beat." Dizzy Dean, The Gashouse Gang, 1934.

Taster

Beer warning!!! alcohol content is 3.2%. when sitting on the beach its just like drinking water. if you are drving though alabama dont stop for bourbon, very limited selection. but do buy beer if you drink it.
    "Mama wanted me to be a preacher. I told her coachin' and preachin' were alot alike." Paul Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by reg View Post
    ..if you are driving though alabama dont stop for bourbon, very limited selection. but do buy beer if you drink it.
    I just assumed he's flying or else he'd, well, just stop in Kentucky and buy whatever he wanted.
    If you're driving, Mike -- stop in Kentucky!
    Tim

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Easy answer. No. Right now the Four Roses SB and Sm Batch are only available in KY. You have a much better bourbon selection in IL than I've ever seen in FL

Dawn
    Just for clarification, when you say FR Single Barrel and Small Batch, you're talking about the Limited Editions? Because you can find FR Single Barrel and Small Batch all day long. The FR Barrel Strengths are relatively easy to find in FL as well.

Some of the other bottles you will find on shelves down here will be Weller 12 and Weller Antique, the Orphan Barrel products, Elmer T. Lee, Willet Rye (varying age years), WhistlePig Boss Hog, and Bowman Brothers.

I wouldn't say FL is the worst, but if you are particularly looking for Four Roses I would go into the ABC Stores and browse. They have the best selections of Four Roses I have seen, and carry the FR bottles I listed above.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by damackaroni View Post
    Just for clarification, when you say FR Single Barrel and Small Batch, you're talking about the Limited Editions? Because you can find FR Single Barrel and Small Batch all day long. The FR Barrel Strengths are relatively easy to find in FL as well.

Some of the other bottles you will find on shelves down here will be Weller 12 and Weller Antique, the Orphan Barrel products, Elmer T. Lee, Willet Rye (varying age years), WhistlePig Boss Hog, and Bowman Brothers.

I wouldn't say FL is the worst, but if you are particularly looking for Four Roses I would go into the ABC Stores and browse. They have the best selections of Four Roses I have seen, and carry the FR bottles I listed above.
    damackaroni - not sure why DSCOTT743 rehashed a thread from 2007 by replying with his email address.
    John

Advanced Taster

If you are heading to central or south Florida, check out Total Wine and Spirits. They have an awesome selection and the prices are reasonable. One in Orlando stocks 4RYL, 4RSmB, and a store select 4RSB. You can view most of their selection on line @ www.totalwine.com.
    Whisky bent and hell bound. - Bocephus

Advanced Taster

I'm not sure about the rest of the state, but you can get Conecuh Ridge in north Florida. I picked up a bottle last year in Pensacola but haven't opened it yet.

Taster

I was just trying to be optimistic. I guess next time I better drive. Thanks to all!