Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guru

Re: Goin' to Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Nooooo! Dusty rose is just metrosexual pink!
    Repeat after me...
    Girly colors are for girls...
    I have a dark purple shirt. A button down shirt I bought from Cabella's several years ago. It's made of rip stop cotton canvas with cargo breast pockets. It had been a favorite of mine since I bought it. Until my brother in-law said something about the color being gay. It's a good thing I ain't real handsome, I might have attracted the wrong kind of attention .

I'm a little embarrassed to say it but I just looked up the meaning of metrosexual.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to say it but I just looked up the meaning of metrosexual.
    Don't be...
    Only reason I know it's meaning is due to a story in the Houston Chronicle some time back. There's a fairly large homo/metro - sexual population here in Houston.

I eagerly look forward to the day when my wife and I can move far, far away from metropolis. But for now, the professional / working side of life mandates our staying here - we just keep away from any/all known 'lavender' zones.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Easy answer. No. Right now the Four Roses SB and Sm Batch are only available in KY. You have a much better bourbon selection in IL than I've ever seen in FL

Dawn
    Just for clarification, when you say FR Single Barrel and Small Batch, you're talking about the Limited Editions? Because you can find FR Single Barrel and Small Batch all day long. The FR Barrel Strengths are relatively easy to find in FL as well.

Some of the other bottles you will find on shelves down here will be Weller 12 and Weller Antique, the Orphan Barrel products, Elmer T. Lee, Willet Rye (varying age years), WhistlePig Boss Hog, and Bowman Brothers.

I wouldn't say FL is the worst, but if you are particularly looking for Four Roses I would go into the ABC Stores and browse. They have the best selections of Four Roses I have seen, and carry the FR bottles I listed above.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by damackaroni View Post
    Just for clarification, when you say FR Single Barrel and Small Batch, you're talking about the Limited Editions? Because you can find FR Single Barrel and Small Batch all day long. The FR Barrel Strengths are relatively easy to find in FL as well.

Some of the other bottles you will find on shelves down here will be Weller 12 and Weller Antique, the Orphan Barrel products, Elmer T. Lee, Willet Rye (varying age years), WhistlePig Boss Hog, and Bowman Brothers.

I wouldn't say FL is the worst, but if you are particularly looking for Four Roses I would go into the ABC Stores and browse. They have the best selections of Four Roses I have seen, and carry the FR bottles I listed above.
    damackaroni - not sure why DSCOTT743 rehashed a thread from 2007 by replying with his email address.
    John

Taster

If you are heading to central or south Florida, check out Total Wine and Spirits. They have an awesome selection and the prices are reasonable. One in Orlando stocks 4RYL, 4RSmB, and a store select 4RSB. You can view most of their selection on line @ www.totalwine.com.
    Whisky bent and hell bound. - Bocephus

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire View Post
    Most of the time I am on business and that means a suit and tie. I get harassed more dressed down than dressed up and I spend alot of time in those types of neighborhoods. That may just be a regional difference and ymmv.
    I lived in Nashville for a couple of years and drove through some of the iffy neighborhoods. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the sketchy areas of Memphis. At some of the liquor stores here, the moment you get out of your car you might as well consider your life forfeit. That's neither jest nor hyperbole. Call me crazy, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my existence for a "dusty find".
    SCOTT: I found this on Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's um... It's
    green.

Enthusiast

Holy thread revival Batman!