Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Hirsh 21

Advanced Taster

Hirsh 21

I was at a new store today, that had a pretty good selection, all the BMH's, Pappy 15, 20, & 23, the whole Antique Collection, and a lot of others. That was the first time I saw a Hirsh 21. It was $129.00 plus tax. I got a BMH 16 and Weller 12 neither of which I have had. Had the BMH 11, and 14, and all the Wellers except the 12. I bought a Hirsh 16 a couple of months ago, and like it a lot. So my question is, should I go back and get the 21? It is the only time I have ever seen it, and maybe the last. short bottle, with a whitle labeL....

At that price range I still want to try the Pappy 23 ($209 ouch!!) ( got a Pappy 20 already, maybe my best bourbon), BMH 18 or 21, and a few others that fall short of that $$$. Should I go back and get it?????????

Re: Hirsh 21

I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure the Hirsch 21 is a rye, not a bourbon. You may already know this, but I just thought I would point it out as everything else you listed is a bourbon.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Hirsh 21

Yes, the Hirsch 21 is a straight rye, from the same source as the LeNell's, Willett and (at a younger age) VWFRR.