Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Fit to be tied....

I donít know what to do, I just rolled out of the grocery store yesterday afternoon with the only bottle of Russellís Reserve 101 Iíve seen. I was reaching for the Eagle Rare SB10yo when I noticed a bottle of RR that was very different looking. I had to look at it several times to make sure. Then my mind raced with all the comments I had read here. It had been overlooked and was just put on the shelf this week. I believe I will put this one away somewhere (not in my belly) because sitting there looking at it is killing me. I already have an occasion in mind for which to open it.

There, thatís off my chest. So, Iím new, names Tim, and I like bourbon. My exploration started after a trip to Kentucky not long ago. Man I love that state. Iím looking to some of you more seasoned aficionados to give me some recommendations. I want a wide range of tastes to compare, but donít know where a beginner ought to start. Iíve already finished some Makerís Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Evan Williams SB í95 which was by far my favorite. Where to next?

This seems like a pretty tight-knit group, lot of good humor and insight. I look forward to being a part of it.

Disciple

Re: Fit to be tied....

Welcome Tim,

Well, you could go back and buy that bottle of Eagle Rare 10 yo Single Barrel. That is a fine bourbon. Then again, if you can find Elmer T Lee in your area, you might want to give that a try. We had a poll a while back with the question, "Which do you prefer, ER SB 10 or ETL?" ETL won handily.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Welcome to the boards , Tim!
    I'm sure you will find many answers to nay questions you have here. Going through some old threads can be very beneficial too, it can let you know what others have been talking about, and also give you insight as to what others are drinking.
    The search feature is also very handy for finding answers to questions you may have, or just ask someone!

Cheers!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Disciple

Hey Tim,
    If you click on a members profile it will give you a snapshot of thier choices for recomendations. I love this feature! Everyone has really great suggestions and are very knowledgable and friendly. Hope you have a enlightening time and ask alot of questions.
    Cheers, Jeff Mo.