Contact: Angela H. Traver
Public Relations Manager
For Immediate Release
BUFFALO TRACE DISTILLERY GARNERS MORE AWARDS
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition names medal winners
Franklin County, Kentucky— The San Francisco World Spirits Competition announced the 2007 winners. The whiskies of Buffalo Trace Distillery earned numerous medals including, “Top North American Whiskey,” presented to Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey. The competition also bestowed six “Double Gold” medals upon other renowned Buffalo Trace products. “Double Gold” is the competition’s highest honor. The winners in this year’s competition include:
· Top North American Whiskey, Double Gold Medal, Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey “We come to work everyday with the intent of making the best whiskey possible,” said Harlen Wheatley, Master Distiller of Buffalo Trace Distillery. “When we win awards of this caliber it really validates our efforts. We are thrilled to be recognized and will continue to work hard to offer our customers some of the finest whiskey made.”
· Double Gold Medal, Eagle Rare Single Barrel Bourbon
· Double Gold Medal, Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey
· Double Gold Medal, Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
· Double Gold Medal, Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon
· Double Gold Medal, George T. Stagg Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
· Gold Medal, Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
· Gold Medal, Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon
Buffalo Trace has garnered more awards since 1990 than any other North American distillery—over 160 awards for more than 15 different brands. In 2006 the distillery was recognized by three of the spirit’s industry elite, being named “Distiller of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine and Whisky Magazine and “Distillery of the Year” by Malt Advocate Magazine. Only Buffalo Trace has won all three awards in the same year.
To learn more about Buffalo Trace Distillery visit www.buffalotrace.com and for a complete list of SFWSC winners go to www.sfspiritscomp.com.
About Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a family-owned company based in Franklin County, Kentucky. The distillery's rich distilling tradition dates back to 1787 and has included such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee. Buffalo Trace is a fully operational distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site, and is listed on the National Historic Register. Buffalo Trace has been named both “Distillery of the Year” and “Distiller of the Year” three times since 2000. Along with the Distillery titles Buffalo Trace has garnered more than 150 awards for its wide range of premium whiskies. The distillery is part of the Sazerac family of companies, which has operations in New Orleans, Louisiana; Franklin County, Kentucky; Fredericksburg, Virginia and Loomis, California. For more information, please visit www.buffalotrace.com.
# # #