Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Btac 2007

Taster

Re: Btac 2007

I have to disagree with the critics of Eagle Rare 17yr, I love it. At the end of the night, trying to relax from the craziest days, I love to have a glass as a nightcap. Does it have the power and volume of some others?, no, and thats not a bad thing. Subtle and soothing all the way.

Guru

I agree also. The wonderful thing about bourbon/whiskey is that you can try any variety of proof/mashbill/age. I like the ER17 also but I tend to mix it up so not to get bored with any one pour. One night may be Lot B and then the next Stagg or WLW.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    I'd like to see them take the eagle rare to barrel proof! Or replace it with something more desirable, I think it is rather obvious it isn't all that sought after, I still regularly see the 2003 and 2005 around and the 06 is everywhere.
    Heck take them all to barrel proof. Who here wouldn't love to try a barrel proof unchill filtered Sazerac????
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    I completely disagree.

There is no way that 8 or 12 yo whiskies deserve the name Antique. The collection was started with 17 18 and 19 yo 90 proof products. These are deserving of that moniker. What we need are two different collections, one of Antique extra aged products, and one of straight from the barrel products.

About the only thing I would change with ER17 and Saz18 is the chill filtering.
    Timothy, I think the moniker Antique is kept because the names George Stagg and Thomas Handy have historic places in the American Straight whiskey industry. Yes I see your point, but I don't think we'll see two colletions anytime real soon - especially with the shortage of exrta aged whiskey. I don't think even 19 years old is really considered "antique" if you want to look at it that way.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"