Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Where to find Bourbon in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I've got a friend from the Bay Area who is looking to branch out further into bourbon. Where can a good bourbon selection with fair prices be found?

Thanks all
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Advanced Taster

Re: Where to find Bourbon in the San Francisco Bay Area?

BevMo (Beverages and More) is the typical place. Their selection is somewhat limited. If your friend is familiar with the East Bay area, I would recommend Monument Liquors in Concord. I've been impressed with their selection and prices.
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Taster

Thanks Tim for the Post. I believe I am said friend...looking to expand my horizons in the world of Bourbon. I have been perusing here for a bit and just signed up in the past couple of days.

I live on the Peninsula, so anything I might not know about would be great. There is a BevMo about a mile away from my office and that is usually where I shop. In addition, Beltramos Liquors in Menlo Park is another option.

I have found a couple of online vendors so all hope is not lost...would just be nice if I had more selection locally.

Tim has already given me a plethura of information so let the journey begin.

I look forward to spending some time around here...

Thanks guys.
    Bob O.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

It always bears mentioning that there is much to be gained by developing a personal relationship with your local whiskey monger. Any retailer should be able to obtain any product that is distributed in that state. So if, for example, you determine that Old Froginmouth is available somewhere in California, a simple request to your preferred merchant should be enough to get it on the shelf there, especially if you are a regular customer.

Guru

Tell your friend about this place, Bourbon and Branch, it sounds like a great place. The link is below.

www.bourbonandbranch.com

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O. View Post
    I live on the Peninsula, so anything I might not know about would be great. There is a BevMo about a mile away from my office and that is usually where I shop. In addition, Beltramos Liquors in
    BevMo is a great place to start, as they have a good selection of bourbons at very reasonable prices. Beltramo's has one of the largest selections of bourbons in the Bay Area, and is a fun place to look, but they're also one of the most expensive places to shop in the Bay Area. I'd sample the wares at BvMo first, and save yourself some money.

And yes, Bourbon and Branch in downtown SF is a great place. In additon to having virtually every bourbon known to man on the menu, it's a really cool place to hang out and have a drink. If you go there, be sure to get reservations for a table, and avoid being sent back to the "library".