Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Virtuoso

PVW15 is very good

I fell for the trap in an unnamed internet wines and spirits site (LOL) where they put up a ORVW15 picture and I was hoping it was an ORVW15 not the PVW15. So I purchased three bottles, knowing that even if it is PVW they should still be very good and the original supply may be running out.

When I received them today, they were definitely PVW15. I popped one open and it was really good. I like it more than the Blanton definitely better to me than the EC18. Wathen was just not very good. I'm not going to try to put it into words, but the color and nose are distint and wonderful. Both drinking it neat or cutting it are great.

I'm glad I like the PVW15 since I purchased a PVW20 and PVW23 without trying any of the van winkle. Now I need to find another bottle of the 20 and 23 so I can open one up while keeping another in reserve. It will also be great to find a ORVW15 since so many people are saying that it is better than the new PVW15, except Julian.

If I can find a stash of ORVW15, I'm going to grab them. Anyone know where I can find them in the Bay Area.

Cheers
    --Hugh
    Last edited by tigerlam92; 04-09-2007 at 19:31.

Re: PVW15 is very good

Just a clarification -- there is no OPVW 15/107 (assuming the 'P' is for Pappy), but an ORVW (or, Old Rip Van Winkle) 15/107. The Pappy line has always been the ultra-aged premium bottlings, with the 15yo joining it just 2-3 years ago.
    Tim

Virtuoso

Re: PVW15 is very good

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    Just a clarification -- there is no OPVW 15/107 (assuming the 'P' is for Pappy), but an ORVW (or, Old Rip Van Winkle) 15/107. The Pappy line has always been the ultra-aged premium bottlings, with the 15yo joining it just 2-3 years ago.
    Sorry for the typo.

I will edit my post. I meant ORVW instead of the OPVW.