Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: What are you drinking tonight? (Spring '07)

BMH Small Batch. Pretty nice with a good streak of rye in there, but is it worth the $40 it costs here? Not sure yet.
    Cornman

Guru

Last night was one of my old standby's....Van Winkle Lot B. Bottles almost empty. As I pondered many of the dusties that I've had the fortune to stumple upon over the last months, the Lot B called out and said "Me! Me! Pick me!".
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Last night was one of my old standby's....Van Winkle Lot B. Bottles almost empty. As I pondered many of the dusties that I've had the fortune to stumple upon over the last months, the Lot B called out and said "Me! Me! Pick me!".
    Maybe you have selective hearing.

A pour of OW 107 for me.
    Bob O.

Enthusiast

Elijah Craig 12. Gosh, I like this whiskey.

Advanced Taster

Tonight its ORVW 10/107. This used to be easy to get around here but since I cant find it anymore, I have to be selective about when I get to drink it. To bad cause I really like it..

Virtuoso

When I stopped at my nearby Binny's tonight, I came across Stirrings Authentic Grenadine - yes, honest-to-God grenadine with real pomegranate juice and cane sugar instead of Red #40 and corn syrup. So, I started fishing CocktailDB for something that called for grenadine and could be made with ingredients on hand.

First stop: a variation on the Chinese Cocktail, with mine using Appleton Special gold rum, and Cointreau instead of generic Curaçao. Scrumptious!

Followup: a shot of limoncello. I just can't resist.

Then, I tried something called an Eau du Nil. Big mistake, to the point of being the only cocktail I've ever poured down the sink. Even the Mexican Eagle I had a long while back wasn't this bad.

Now: a nice pour of Fall 2005 Stagg, to wipe away the horror of that nasty drink.
    Last edited by CrispyCritter; 06-20-2007 at 19:31. Reason: the Stagg was Hazmat II, not Spring Stagg
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Taster

WT101.. The wife's gone so i went and bought a bottle.. Damm i miss this stuff

Connoisseur

Bowmore 12.

I just finished cleaning up after cooking and serving a 5-course dinner w/paired wines for my wife and 11 of her girlfriends. It's an annual birthday tradition, and it always wipes me out. But, I get to bank serious points for my efforts. And I enjoyed a nice 2003 Zenato Valpolicella while serving.

The Bowmore is a nice, unchallenging, familiar, and comforting pour. It's late, but I don't have to work tomorrow, so some ND OGD BIB may be next.

Advanced Taster

Hit up the Padre game and then went down the scotch path with a buddy of mine. Started with Glenmorangie 10 year 100 proof (WOW!) and then proceeded with:

Cadenhead's Macallan-Glenlivet 21 (not very good)
    Glenfiddich 15 Solera Reserve (good easy everyday drinker)
    Glenfarclas 25 (damn that's good)
    Macallan 12 (over-rated)

What a wee lovely night it was...

Taster

Last night it was whiskey Wednesday at the Spoke, so I took the opportunity to try something new and watch the Cubs game. Started with a Rock Hill farms, it was nice, sweet, and a very small bite at the end. I thought it was good, but I don't think I'll pay $45 for a bottle. Now I know. Followed that with a Birthday Bourbon, not sure what release it was, but it was good. Cinnamon spice with a bit vanilla, not as sweet as the Rock Hill Farms. I liked it a great deal. Last was a WT101, knew what I was getting, and it was exactly what I wanted. Good news: Got to try two new bourbons for $10, Bad news: Cubs lost.
    "And that low down southern whiskey, began to fog my mind"
    -Little Feat
    -Dixie Chicken