Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Guru

New age specific WT

I've been told that Pernod Ricard will possibly release an age specific WT this fall in the US market. Anybody else care to confirm?
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Re: New age specific WT

Are you talking about a return to the old 8 yr old designation on the standard 101 or something else? I mean WT still exports the 12 yr. and the Russell's Reserve is 10.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Guru

Re: New age specific WT

I inquired to PR USA regarding age specific offerings in the future and I referenced both the 12 year and Tribute (US) release of 15 years. The response was that PR is looking at possibly releasing a "new" age specific WT product. I would think, based on the fact that there are already an 8 and 12 year export, that it would be something along the lines of that....but that's only speculation. The response I received was vague of course. I'm just curious if anyone closer to this subject has additional information.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog